Thread: ARB Bullbar Indicator Lights

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB Bullbar Indicator Lights

Hey all,

I've been searching for indicator light for my old GQ bullbar. The problem is that they are approximately 200mm long with 180mm between the holes. Also, they're Hella branded.

I still have some but they're looking pretty ratty at the moment.

Anyone have a line on replacement? I'm going nuts searching the web

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rossco I think found some indicators for his old GQ bar? I was pinged during a VASS inspection in Melb and directed that I had to upgrade from the straight indicator lense to a conbo indicator/parker. Apparently the lights fitted back in 1997 are no longer up to the regs - rang ARB - utter BS, but I did crack a lense and simply went back to them - they had to order it from 'whoever' but I was unable to find a direct replacement with indicator/parker - whether its reaally needed or the VASS engineer was being a dick - no idea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Jimmyboyjr4 (11th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282034401509

This is what i ended up getting after a fairly lengthy search lol. Did get some to suit an ARB bar but they were smaller. Thought mine was an ARB bar but not sure it is now. Did end up making some little plate thingies to mount them, there is a thread somewhere on here if your interested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Jimmyboyjr4 (11th March 2019), PeeBee (13th February 2019)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arb $40 set replacement . I called Dandenong ARB thats we hat they said.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GQJay For This Useful Post:

Jimmyboyjr4 (11th March 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it was a nightmare to find out this information. Hopefully, this helps someone out in the future.

Firstly, I found out that my bar - which has 200mm between indicator lights mounting holes - is an ARB bar that was supplied by Nissan originally. Thus, the indicator lights are Nissan parts, but after spending some time with a Nissan parts guy, we found out they had been discontinued.

The originals were Hella, but contacting them proved to be less than helpful. A few auto parts stores tried to help, but nothing that is made at the moment will fit without modifications.

ARB do a kit to allow the new style indicator light to fit earlier series ARB bars, the kit is around $80 (P/N: 3500070). I bought one thinking it would fit, but it didn't, and I can't return it apparently.

Wreckers have all been dead ends, as has endless hours on the internet. So, the final ideas were to attempt to recondition the originals somewhat, find a suitable replacement, or pay an engineering mob to design and fit some plates to suit new lights. I've decided to go the route of putting old ones back in; they've cracked from stones a little though. Does anyone know of a clear product you can spray onto plastic strengthen them?

Their a few Narva options and they require only minor modification, but they don't sit flush which kind of annoys me:

https://www.narva.com.au/products/87250 - (Definitely could be made to work)

https://www.narva.com.au/products/95202 - (Haven't been able to get a set in person to check)

Anyway, I hope this saves someone else in future all the wasted hours I spent!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmyboyjr4 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (11th March 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work JBJnr, all of with GQ's will no doubt need to cross this track at some stage as plastics breakdown or get smashed with us. This is a great piece of work that gives us all a short cut.