Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    I would like to know exactly how many accidents are caused by these vehicles as they are such a danger to the occupants and others around them as stated by the authorities. Can't think of any myself and probably safe bet there aren't any stats out there either to back up such claims.

The law is the law and they are right in enforcing it, however do believe there must be much higher priorities out there police could be spending there time in keeping us good public safe & sound. We're definitely are a nanny country and ideally having a balance, maybe not to the extreme the Yankees and Icelanders do, but a little more leanient in mods would be the go, but will never happen lol. For now i think I'll just avoid Mansfield, Gold Coast and long weekends in the high country . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    That's what makes my blood boil the most Rossco. Their Priorities !!
    Best example I can think of is the ice drug epidemic in Australia
    , literally destroying some country towns and getting worse on a daily basis.
    The problem is so huge it's pretty much been put behind the curtains so as not to worry the general public.
    Authorities are losing the battle against it , don't know how to handle it and it's turning into a hard basket.
    Resources from this so called operation against illegal 4x4 mods could be widely used there ...

But no. They're after a easy target they can use to make them selves look good on news.
    And it doesn't generate any $ in fines when they catch drug crooks does it.

Money talks , bullshit walks.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Rossco (9th September 2018), rusty_nail (9th September 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bloody oath. If there is fair justification behind it such as stats backing up accidents and deaths in the case of drink driving or distracted drivers on mobiles yeah i get it and would be fair enough, but it only seems to be opinions and reasoning from cops viewpoints. Too true it is just an easy target whilst other priorities get thrown in the too hard basket. Had a chainsaw assumed stolen off the back of a work truck, the insurance ended a police report so went in and got one. "I'll send it through when it's done mate" never got it and have up hastling them till i have up there's another priority lol.

Having said that the vast majority of cops I've dealt with in my years of driving and other have been nothing but reasonable generally good folk.

Going back to dangerous vehicles I think the most accidents I have had most of which were to do with my inexperience and crappy vehicle were in my old 40 series. The thing was fairly standard definitely legal however handled and braked like s#!t, the manufacturer definitely didn't incorporate handling and braking characteristics into those things lol.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah bloody oath. If there is fair justification behind it such as stats backing up accidents and deaths in the case of drink driving or distracted drivers on mobiles yeah i get it and would be fair enough, but it only seems to be opinions and reasoning from cops viewpoints. Too true it is just an easy target whilst other priorities get thrown in the too hard basket. Had a chainsaw assumed stolen off the back of a work truck, the insurance ended a police report so went in and got one. "I'll send it through when it's done mate" never got it and have up hastling them till i have up there's another priority lol.

Having said that the vast majority of cops I've dealt with in my years of driving and other have been nothing but reasonable generally good folk.

Going back to dangerous vehicles I think the most accidents I have had most of which were to do with my inexperience and crappy vehicle were in my old 40 series. The thing was fairly standard definitely legal however handled and braked like s#!t, the manufacturer definitely didn't incorporate handling and braking characteristics into those things lol.

Exactly mate!!!
    I've seen my fair share of vehicles into power poles during my 18 year career in this job... Too many unfortunately.
    Never ever have I seen a 4x4 modified in any way that's caused the accident. Ever.
    Most time it was an out of control vehicle caused by a P plater, pretending the road is a drag circuit in his first car bought by their mum. Majority being lowered commondoors and falcons.

But you're right. I would also LOVE to see a spreadsheet of stats on this issue to see the numbers that they are using as leverage for this stupendous exercise.
    How many 2" lifted Patrols have caused grievous harm and damage caused by NOTHING but the upgrade springs and shockers.

If anything, a lot of upgrades actually improve the handling and safety of vehicle control.
    Last edited by Hodge; 9th September 2018 at 07:35 PM.
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (9th September 2018), Rossco (9th September 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Exactly mate!!!
    I've seen my fair share of vehicles into power poles during my 18 year career in this job... Too many unfortunately.
    Never ever have I seen a 4x4 modified in any way that's caused the accident. Ever.
    Most time it was an out of control vehicle caused by a P plater, pretending the road is a drag circuit in his first car bought by their mum. Majority being lowered commondoors and falcons.

But you're right. I would also LOVE to see a spreadsheet of stats on this issue to see the numbers that they are using as leverage for this stupendous exercise.
    How many 2" lifted Patrols have caused grievous harm and damage caused by NOTHING but the upgrade springs and shockers.

If anything, a lot of upgrades actually improve the handling and safety of vehicle control.
    A lot of the laws were written back before the invention of the wheel and just haven't been changed. One example is the good old catch can. Illegal to use because, back in the day, they were used and just vented into the atmosphere. Now they are a closed circuit system, still illegal...
    Some laws have recently been revised, but now are tighter than before.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those interested this is a good read. 8 page PDF document.

https://www.4wdqld.com.au/wp-content...-Crackdown.pdf
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To reiterate, this is affecting all 4wd'ers at the moment. However it is affecting the late model vehicles more like the modded tradie utes (Rangers, Hilux's Tritons and so on. Not saying that others are not like our estranged Y62). My employer is on the board of AAAA and they are working with TMR to get this grey area cleaned up. Qld has been on the raw end for quite a while. Aligning the Codes of practice across this country has been an on going issue for far to many years and will not happen any time soon.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

AB (19th September 2018), Hodge (10th September 2018), mudski (10th September 2018), Touses (11th September 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

AB (11th September 2018), Clunk (11th September 2018), mudski (11th September 2018), Rossco (15th September 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (11th September 2018), Hodge (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

AB (11th September 2018), Clunk (13th September 2018), GQtdauto (11th September 2018), mudski (11th September 2018), Rossco (15th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting read...

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Stateme...-and-lift-laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (13th September 2018), Maxhead (13th September 2018), mudski (13th September 2018)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast