Thread: Wombat State Forest calls to become National Park

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wombat State Forest calls to become National Park

Just saw this on Faceache and thought I would share it here...

Out of nowhere has come the sudden and real threat that Wombat State Forrest will be turned into a national park.

Why is this a big issue?

Why are we against this?

Because it blocks out almost all user groups including us 4wdrivers.

If the greenies proposal is approved then #4x4ing #dirtbiking #horseriding #prospecting and other user groups will be banned from partaking in their activities in the Wombat. You won't even be aloud to walk your dog there. This means that the gates would be locked and locked for good.

With a rapidly growing #4wd community and the number of tracks shrinking is becoming a toxic mix. The days of having freedom to use our land as an Australian taxpayer are almost over. We are talking the Aussie bush our own bread and butter! What makes Australia what it is! The greenies have no clue what happens in the bush all they do is take a sip of their coffee on Lygon st and feel like heroes. They arnt out in the bush everyday. They don't know what goes on. They arnt the ones that help maintain it! It's us the people who use this bush.

We arnt here to destroy the bush we love it! We are here to use the bush and enjoy the bush as us Aussies have every right to do, but we also protect it we don't want to destroy what we love.
    Let's join together as like minded user groups who enjoy the bush whether you be a 4wdriver or another user group let's fight for what's ours!

Be sure to #repost and tell everyone who it may concern.

To keep updated on the issue and to keep up to date with petitions and rallies please Join Bush User Groups United on Facebook. Lets not loose a special place many like to call home! @lockinghubs4x4 @lockednlifted4x4 @Vic4x4modified @Roothy4wd @4X4_victoria_ @4wding_downunder @4X4.straya @4x4ing_australia @aus4x4sales @4X4froffers @doyouevenlowrange @Aussie__4x4

#4x4offroad #unlockaustralia #aussieculture #4x4culture #freedom #aussielife

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

jay see (15th June 2018), mudnut (14th June 2018), mudski (14th June 2018), Touses (15th June 2018), VK2FMIA (15th June 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats all this # stuff about AB?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has happened to a lot of State Forests in NSW too. A 1000 hectare "Recreation Reserve" not too far from home that could be used for 4wding, dirtbikes, fossicking etc. is now a "Conservation Area" & permanently closed. Most small pockets of State Forest nearby have gone the same way. The closest forest to me now is a 2 hour drive away & it is nothing special in terms of 4wding.

Used to be able to access TSR`s (Travelling Stock Routes) once but these have been leased or locked up.

Getting harder to get out in the bush these days, even have to pay a fee to get keys & a permit to access my closest National Park.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The forest near me has been divided into National and State park. Doesn't seem to matter to the filthy bastards that dump their rubbish which part of the forest they use.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    whats all this # stuff about AB?
    Its's just hashtags used for Facebook mate for people to find posts on similar keywords.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (16th June 2018)