Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Do you get what I'm saying though?
    Is your TD legal?
    Nearly every modified Patrol is unroadworthy in some ways. I have HID headlights and a light bar on the roof. I wonder if I'd be rejected a claim for that?
    Lightbar on the roof isn't illegal in VIC any more
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your TD legal?
    Nearly every modified Patrol is unroadworthy in some ways. I have HID headlights and a light bar on the roof. I wonder if I'd be rejected a claim for that?
    They are far more likely to reject a claim for a modification that can adversely affect the handling of the car like removing a sway bar.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is your TD legal?
    Yes I do mate... But something as obvious as a missing sway bar is different to HID headlights, light bar etc etc. I just think for the less than five minutes it takes to remove the bolt out weighs no sway bar at all. Thats just my way of thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    Lightbar on the roof isn't illegal in VIC any more
    Since when? There was only a discussion maybe last year and it was confirmed it is NOW legal...
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    They are far more likely to reject a claim for a modification that can adversely affect the handling of the car like removing a sway bar.
    My point exactly. If one was to ever have a smash, I doubt your claim would be rejected if they found you had HID headlights or something. But! Having said that, who bloody knows these days! Having one less "illegal" mod on the car I suppose is one less thing they can pick on you for....
    Next year I am taking my car to get an engies cert on everything. I have had mixed reports on 35's, some say yes some say no.

We should organise a "group buy" of engineers certs. Lol. We get say 10 or more cars together to go to one place, I wonder if they would discount the price. Or even bend the rules a bit. Hehe.
    Last edited by mudski; 10th December 2015 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Since when? There was only a discussion maybe last year and it was confirmed it is NOW legal...
    I think you misread my post. I was saying the same thing to winnie. I said light bars on the roof aren't illegal in VIC any more

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you misread my post. I was saying the same thing to winnie. I said light bars on the roof aren't illegal in VIC any more
    Does anybody have any proof of this other than a facebook comment from VicRoads?
    Blokes were getting canaried for having roof lights in Dargo on the cup weekend.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol I DID misread your post sorry.
    Does anybody have any proof of this other than a facebook comment from VicRoads?
    Blokes were getting canaried for having roof lights in Dargo on the cup weekend.
    I would think that that comment made from a VR representative would be more than enough as proof. I do have the VR document that was floating around with that FB comment, but the way they interpret things you need a degree to understand it.
    As for those bloke Kris. I saw their Patrols, They were very heavily modified, more that any of ours, and from one of the Patrols I saw the light bar was mounted in a way that it would have reflected on the bonnet. Which makes me think thats what gave him a ticket. Apart from bull bar top mounted lights and non compliant custom made front bars etc etc. Lol. It wasn't just the lights they were getting canaried for. I spoke to one of them and he had a list of stuff that he needed to fix.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone seriously looked at fitting the factory gq release to the gu?
    I don't think it would be hard.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Lol I DID misread your post sorry.

I would think that that comment made from a VR representative would be more than enough as proof. I do have the VR document that was floating around with that FB comment, but the way they interpret things you need a degree to understand it.
    As for those bloke Kris. I saw their Patrols, They were very heavily modified, more that any of ours, and from one of the Patrols I saw the light bar was mounted in a way that it would have reflected on the bonnet. Which makes me think thats what gave him a ticket. Apart from bull bar top mounted lights and non compliant custom made front bars etc etc. Lol. It wasn't just the lights they were getting canaried for. I spoke to one of them and he had a list of stuff that he needed to fix.
    Yeah as Mudski said. They can still fine you for light bars on the roof if they impede the drivers vision so I'd take that to mean if it reflects off the bonnet then you can still be fined

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Has anyone seriously looked at fitting the factory gq release to the gu?
    I don't think it would be hard.
    I've never even seen how it works on a GQ Kallen. I assume the sway bar rod goes up into something on the underside of the chassis to lock into. I might have to see if I can work it out using Nissanfast. But I'd be keen to get a hold of the setup and look at it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (11th December 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah as Mudski said. They can still fine you for light bars on the roof if they impede the drivers vision so I'd take that to mean if it reflects off the bonnet then you can still be fined
    Or your radio antenna if they want to be unkind!
    VIC police don't care what VIC roads say, if it's not in the ADR s you can be booked even with engineers cert

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast