Thread: Rosscos GQ Rejuvenation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Good outcome Rossco, did they resolve the fuel tank leak or have you sorted that out?
    Yeah they fixed that was the sender. Filled it up again and all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Thats a great result mate. What did they have tonsay about it? Where they familiar with the BW? Is that comparison run your run on day one using the other pump? That is nearlly embarassing if thats the best old mate could get from his own pump!!!

Interesting. We should have a chat mate
    Yep comparison was from drive in on old pump, thought it was putting out a little more than that actually. If it weren't for issues i would have been more than happy with it, once it was up & running was absolutely great but down low hopeless and starting issues. Many occasions pulled out into a small gap in traffic and would feel like it was stopped dead then would go once built up a bit of speed, which is not ideal lol.

Think they were pretty impressed, said it was one of the highest powered TDs they'd done, not sure they had much to do with BWs on TDs before. Certainly credit to the Queensland boys and AB for such awesome R&D pretty easy for us to reap the benefits now lol. Been very happy with Cornells too pretty impressive set up over there, clean as a whistle place. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (28th November 2018), MudRunnerTD (28th November 2018), mudski (16th December 2018), PeeBee (28th November 2018), Winnie (28th November 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah they fixed that was the sender. Filled it up again and all good. Yep comparison was from drive in on old pump, thought it was putting out a little more than that actually. If it weren't for issues i would have been more than happy with it, once it was up & running was absolutely great but down low hopeless and starting issues. Many occasions pulled out into a small gap in traffic and would feel like it was stopped dead then would go once built up a bit of speed, which is not ideal lol.

Think they were pretty impressed, said it was one of the highest powered TDs they'd done, not sure they had much to do with BWs on TDs before. Certainly credit to the Queensland boys and AB for such awesome R&D pretty easy for us to reap the benefits now lol. Been very happy with Cornells too pretty impressive set up over there, clean as a whistle place. .

Yeah you look like you get a fair bit more earlier than i do actually. I will take a pic of mine and post it here to compare
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post

See above

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah wow. If those speeds are correct then regardless of the tacho your peaking at 75 to 80kms/h and im just winding up to peak at 90! That is nearly a gear!! Wow

At 70kmh im producing about 100kw and you have 140kw already.

At 80kmh your on boil at 165kw and im just thinking about it at 140kw! I dont see 165kw to about 105kmh. Jesus! Thats a big difference.

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 28th November 2018 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats got my attention mate. Kinda lagging a little by comparison. And 120 extra newton metres.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What size tyres and diff ratios are you running mate?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 8,577 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rosscos on 35" and 4.6's mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Rosscos on 35" and 4.6's mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm ok so the 35 will suck a little and the 4.6s will make a fair bit of difference id think to that power curve?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 8,577 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hmmm ok so the 35 will suck a little and the 4.6s will make a fair bit of difference id think to that power curve?
    Absolutely but its both and give and take. would probably equate to 31-33" on 4.3's maybe?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th November 2018)

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast