Thread: Can anyone identify the missing engine parts please ! Patrol 3.0di

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone identify the missing engine parts please ! Patrol 3.0di

Hi I’m in Mozambique and bought a patrol 3.0di, 2000. It’s sluggish but seems to run ok. There seems to have been some adaptation of the engine - perhaps because the previous owner couldn’t find the right part. Could anyone identify it/ them.? And tell me what they do, and how urgently I need to fix.?

The first is the large section of tube. I’m guessing the smaller pipe with a bit of rubber over it secured with a jubilee clip was attached to it as a T. Middle to bottom in the photo.

The second is a thinner tube which is blocked off with a bolt and a jubilee clip. It’s on the extreme right of the photo about the middle. 86167F5D-69EA-4ABE-AEE8-F79291192BA5.jpeg0286C272-D851-49D1-9754-7F84DE75F6CB.jpeg

Thanks, Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Could be wrong but that one with the bolt in it looks to me like a vacuum hose for the turbo.
    If it sluggish you may have no boost, hook up a gauge some how and test. @mudski may confirm it
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't sort of make it all out, but isn't that top one an aircon pipe?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those pics are too dark and blurry. But in the second pic that tube thats blocked off. I reckon this is the vacuum supply line which goes to the control solenoid, which controls the turbo. Being a 2000 model, from factory they were fitted with a vacuum tank. This is located under the engine cover. These are common for the fittings on the tank to snap off. On models 2002 onwards Nissan got rid of it as it proved to be of not service. So you just bypass it now if you have it.
    500x500-thumbnail-1554430388.22370VC101.JPG
    So. I'm guessing the fitting snapped when the previous owner had it and they just blocked off the line. So take the cover off, and take a look. The vac system goes like this. Vacuum pump --> Vacuum tank --> Control solenoid. The vac pump is located on the RHS front of the motor, and has a steel tube that comes up towards the rocker cover, then changes to rubber, then onto the vacuum tank, then onto the control solenoid which is found mounted to the air box under the intake pipe.

So what you need to do is throw out the tank and join the vacuum supply line to the line going to the solenoid. Without proper vacuum supply, the motor will be quite sluggish.