Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: all 4 adventure

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I like about them is their passion. They absolutely love what they do and they get out and do it. Their also a good match together. They may not do everything the correct way it should be done, but their not doing a 4wding documentary, their having an adventure and enjoying themselves doing it. I say, good on them.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (6th November 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen this series yet, but generally I think their's is generally better than Pat's show which is little more than a glorified 1 hour advertorial - 5 minutes of something worth watching and the rest is just a series of ads. Even the watchable segments usually have strategically placed stickers/branded items/etc. I realise they need to make money, but his is way over the top.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (7th November 2017), Maxhead (7th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brissieboy View Post
    Haven't seen this series yet, but generally I think their's is generally better than Pat's show which is little more than a glorified 1 hour advertorial - 5 minutes of something worth watching and the rest is just a series of ads. Even the watchable segments usually have strategically placed stickers/branded items/etc. I realise they need to make money, but his is way over the top.
    Agree totally , I miss the old Roothy vids and I'm not a big fan of any of the current 4by shows but these two guys come the closest .
    The funniest video on the net is the Pat vs Roothy spoof which sums up the whole industry as it really is .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Hodge (7th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,405 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched them towing a caravan up Big Red. Entertaining yes. Amusing yes. Stupid yes.

Are they performing for others who already behave similarly, or encouraging others to do the same by showing it as fun & acceptable? Six of one & half a dozen of the other. Possibly ok on Big Red but the concern is that many watching may not make the distinction between one 'hoon dune' & others.

I accept the entertainment value but on balance feel that as '4wd identities/celebrities' they should encourage greater responsibility whilst capturing the passion & excitement.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (7th November 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anybody seen their "Unleashed" side of the show? It's the extremes that don't end up on teli or DVD's. If you think some of the stuff they do on the TV version is gung-ho, take a look at the unleashed stuff if you have access to it...

I don't like some of their antics. But All in all, I don't mind watching their shows. Or any other Aus touring, camping, 4x4 whos for that matter. 4wd Action, All 4 adventure, Whats up down under, Roothys low range, Simon Christie's 4wd TV etc... etc...
    Yes, they've all gone down the $$$ path. But it's a reason they're still around... They had no choice. All 4 adventure guys get a lot of $ thrown at them in gear to take it to extremes, sometimes in a stupid way. 4wd Action try and shove the King's rubbish down peoples throats, at every chance they get.

But it's still great and the only way for a lot of people to see what places can be visited and toured out there. These shows are still better than any other horse manure on teli these days. Big brother? The block? Home and away? Please. Horse shit.

Gone are the days of Roothy and Pat in the high country, when it used to be 4x4 monthly. Clean , NO adverts, I still have most of the DVD's... And DO watch the old ones all the time. Love them. These are all before the Tigerz11 / King's era...
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought there was asign at the bottom of Big Red saying to preserve the dunes yet they try dragging
    this van up it now every cowboy will try it and destroy the tracks leading up to it
    Then it will be closed by the traditional owners

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love the show
    I love the adventure
    I love the blokes
    And I love Simons new vehicle...lol
    In saying that I agree with Roofy and others, No need to try and drag that caravan up Big Red! Yes it was for a show but respect where you are and where you drive..full stop!
    I do though appreciate them taking full load of toys with them. , as hunters and fisherman we often go for extended periods of time and would love to have access to all these toys.
    They just shows we can get to most inaccessible places to enjoy what is out there.
    As long as everyone remembers they have a few other vehicles, sat phones, choppers and planes on call to get them out of trouble. So for a newby watching this show and thinking " fuck yeah, Im there" could spell disaster so maybe a bit of more warnings and advice on their part might help.

...........on the road

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Sir Roofy (8th November 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the time ever comes when "Traditional Owners" can close assess to sand dunes in a desert, this country is really in trouble.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (7th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    The mystery word is Dig Tree.
    Don't happen to know the bonus word or the weekly letter?
    2003 GU SIII Auto Grenade. All the goodies.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the TV shows are a bit over the top and push some sort of product onto the viewer. They are also more interested in the hijinx
    I much prefer You Tube channels such as 4xOverland, 4 Wheel Driving in Western Australia, SummitX.net etc. These three channels for example have been getting better in cinematography and are excellent, as well as very informative. They are doing all the camera and production work themselves, and do it better than the professionals most of the time.
    Last edited by Rock Trol; 7th November 2017 at 08:52 PM.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast