User Tag List

Thread: Help Please: Clutch Failure of my Patrol TB45 (Petrol Engine) Y61

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help Please: Clutch Failure of my Patrol TB45 (Petrol Engine) Y61

Hi All,

Really logged in on the forum after a long time due to my hectic schedule...

Without wasting any more time, addressing my issue right away...

I have a Nissan Patrol TB45 (Petrol Engine), LHD, Y61...

The engine is stock and no modification done... Only thing changes done is the Clutch kit: i have installed a Exedy Safari Tuff Heavy Duty Clutch Kit...

Problem started with the engaging and disengaging issue of the clutch while driving... The clutch would stick and wud not come up smoothly...

Gave it to the mechanic, and we got to know that the clutch kit was fine, since it is also barely 5k Km done after installing it...

the problem we found out was a Faulty Master Cylinder of the Clutch as the piston inside of the Master Cylinder was stuck...

Question:

The only solution left with me now is to Order a few from online along with the Slave Cylinder... BUT, my worry and biggest doubt here is that, do we need a more upgraded and a different Clutch Master and Cylinder since i have upgraded my clutch kit to Exedy Safari Tuff Heavy Duty Clutch Kit? Also which would be the best website to order this from wrt Nissan Original parts and upgraded parts?

Also attached a few images of my existing faulty Master and Slave Cylinder... if u closely see the Master Cylinder picture, you can see the white piston stuck inside....

Slave Cylnder 2.jpeg

Slave Cylnder 1.jpeg

Master cylinder 2.jpeg

master cylinder 1.jpeg

I have to head to a different state shortly but not until i can get this sorted?

Can someone please provide their suggestion or Advice here?

Would highly appreciate any kind of help...

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard mate! @mudski mate any chance you're out there to help bro? (Exceedy Safari too? )

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont have these parts sorry but using the original master and slave cylinders will be perfectly fine for the tuff clutch. As for ordering online, im not sure whats the best site in India to order from sorry. But new OEM spec cylinders will be good for the job.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (26th August 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly @MB thank you so much for your prompt response and getting in the help... really appreciate it...

@mudski: Well thanks a lot Sir... Its been a tricky question in my mind since wasnt sure if the Tuff clutch kit was overpowering the standard Master and slave cylinder and did it in turn put more pressure on the Master cylinder for it to collapse...

Buying parts online is no problem at all... i am ok with it getting shipped... be it from NZ, AUS or US

So just 2 quick final questions:

1) While i can go with a new OEM spec cylinders, but just for my understanding, is there any upgraded version or a tougher/Modified Master and Slave cylinders which people use for their modified Nissan patrol? I dont mind buying them too as an extra spare for the future...

2) Can u recommend a website for OEM parts and accessories for all Nissan Patrol models which i can shop online from?

Awaiting your positive reply,

Thanks,
    DT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to digitaltantrik For This Useful Post:

MB (26th August 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaltantrik View Post
    Firstly @MB thank you so much for your prompt response and getting in the help... really appreciate it...

@mudski: Well thanks a lot Sir... Its been a tricky question in my mind since wasnt sure if the Tuff clutch kit was overpowering the standard Master and slave cylinder and did it in turn put more pressure on the Master cylinder for it to collapse...

Buying parts online is no problem at all... i am ok with it getting shipped... be it from NZ, AUS or US

So just 2 quick final questions:

1) While i can go with a new OEM spec cylinders, but just for my understanding, is there any upgraded version or a tougher/Modified Master and Slave cylinders which people use for their modified Nissan patrol? I dont mind buying them too as an extra spare for the future...
    Theres no upgraded cylinders, to my knowledge anyhow, for a heavy clutch. I have used heavy clutches all my life and not once needed to upgrade the cylinders. The clutch upgrades are all about clutch plate friction properties and clamping force. It wont affect pedal pressure.
    2) Can u recommend a website for OEM parts and accessories for all Nissan Patrol models which i can shop online from?
    https://partsouq.com/
    But you need the OEM part numbers to order your parts. You can enter your VIN on this site and look up the part numbers yourself on this site too.

Awaiting your positive reply,

Thanks,
    DT

See in bold

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (27th August 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much @mudski ...

Just wanted to be 100% sure on whether i was making the right move... Something new learnt today...

Yes, surely, will enter my VIN and look up the part...

Thank you so much once again, everyone...

Really appreciate it...

I will post the results once i get it fixed and share it with you... #Fingerscrossed

Thanks,
    DT

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digitaltantrik For This Useful Post:

MB (27th August 2017), mudski (28th August 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mudski,

Sorry to bother you again, but it looks like partsouq.com doesn't have the slave cylinder...

I tried hunting a lot on google, but only end up finding few links on Ebay...

What could be a couple of better sites in your view for OEM parts? i am literally googling since hours now...

Wud be grateful for any sort of help here,

Thanks,
    DT

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try patrolapart.com

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by dom14; 27th August 2017 at 10:07 AM.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach