User Tag List

Thread: GU Diff Lock light

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU Diff Lock light

Hi Guys, dont really use the patrol to go 75km to work, but today I did and as I got into the city driving , I notice that the electic diff lock dash light was coming on when I stopped at traffic lights, then went away when moving . I don't why the light is coming on as I haven't touch the diff switch in a long time. any answers will have me cheers Alex
    Last edited by altech; 4th May 2018 at 07:53 AM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switch may be stuffed possibly or check the sensor wire on the back of the diff. Maybe thats fell off

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

altech (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike02Ti View Post
    Switch may be stuffed possibly or check the sensor wire on the back of the diff. Maybe thats fell off

Cheers Mike , I will :-)
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well on the way home from work, the light stayed on, then some bell alarm noises from under the dash. pull over to check , all things at the front & back seemed to be OK , gave the diff solenoid a light tap with a spanner . light went away .
    30km down the road , the light and alarm came back , pulled over and another "tap tap" and light go's away , just be4 home light comes on . hmmm what could it be ? cheers Alex

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you pulled the vac hoses off the diff solenoid or checked them for damage? If the vac line to keep the actuator out (disengaged) it could be creeping back a touch just enough to trip the sensor to set the alarms off.
    Or there is a possibility that the vac solenoids in the engine bay are stuffed causing the issue by either passing or being seized.

Check to see if there is vac pressure at the diff too while your at it. It wont be a hell of a lot but usually noticeable with a finger over the end.
    Stick it in 4L and hit the diff lock switch. Pull one off and see whats getting the vacuum. Then turn it off and see what line has vac then.
    You can also play about with it and stick the hose with vac on the other nipple to see if you can hear the actuator and fork moving inside the diff.

2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

altech (7th May 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike02Ti View Post
    Have you pulled the vac hoses off the diff solenoid or checked them for damage? If the vac line to keep the actuator out (disengaged) it could be creeping back a touch just enough to trip the sensor to set the alarms off.
    Or there is a possibility that the vac solenoids in the engine bay are stuffed causing the issue by either passing or being seized.

Check to see if there is vac pressure at the diff too while your at it. It wont be a hell of a lot but usually noticeable with a finger over the end.
    Stick it in 4L and hit the diff lock switch. Pull one off and see whats getting the vacuum. Then turn it off and see what line has vac then.
    You can also play about with it and stick the hose with vac on the other nipple to see if you can hear the actuator and fork moving inside the diff.

Cheers Mike thanks for the good info

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, have checked all hoses at front and did find one that was loser than normal in which I cut off hose and put back on and the rear are so tight they must be OK .

? because I never used the diff lock before, hard to tell if it's working going by the dash light , So I'm in low range ,turn on and it flashers , that means it on or something else. in the car manual ,something about ABS in which I have .... please help Alex

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diff lock light will flash until its engaged. Once it is engaged it will stay light solid. Sometimes takes a bit to engage with the factory solenoids. Few slow tight turns left to right usually help engage it. ABS light will flash as it will disable when the diff lock is selected.

2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

altech (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys , had time today to do some Solenoids checks and both are working as they should. maybe the rear diff hose as they are very hard in rubber wise , e.g. couldn't get them loose ( so tight ) . regards Alex