Thread: TB48 Brake Booster Upgrade to GQ 2.8TD

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @mudski, @Rossco, yes they are better, lot of bucks though. I would hate to drive a hydro boost unit and find it was better though! All up a shade over 6k. Happy I had the booster overhauled and did the final bleed check with the mechanic, total peace of mind. Anyway, thats it, no more room for anything, dont need anything else, only want to sort out the crap car radio reception when up the bush and the degraded HF radio reception which I think may be from electronic interference inside the vehicle.

@MudRunnerTD has left 6 messages on my phone wanting to know how he can achieve the same flex on his white brute - might just hold off on calling him a little bit longer!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (9th July 2021), MB (9th July 2021), MudRunnerTD (9th July 2021), Rossco (9th July 2021), Winnie (9th July 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks @mudski, @Rossco, yes they are better, lot of bucks though. I would hate to drive a hydro boost unit and find it was better though! All up a shade over 6k. Happy I had the booster overhauled and did the final bleed check with the mechanic, total peace of mind. Anyway, thats it, no more room for anything, dont need anything else, only want to sort out the crap car radio reception when up the bush and the degraded HF radio reception which I think may be from electronic interference inside the vehicle.

@MudRunnerTD has left 6 messages on my phone wanting to know how he can achieve the same flex on his white brute - might just hold off on calling him a little bit longer!!!
    Bhahahahaha. You win.

I can't wait to see this thing mate!!! You have done a huge job on it. A credit to you.

Never shall an enthusiast say.... It's Finished.....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (9th July 2021), MB (9th July 2021), PeeBee (9th July 2021), Rossco (9th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome mate, time to enjoy it I reckon

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (9th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha bloody funny.....
    In regards to the radio reception, don't bugger around with it and just buy a Spotify subscription instead.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (9th July 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Hahahaha bloody funny.....
    In regards to the radio reception, don't bugger around with it and just buy a Spotify subscription instead.

I have done that Chrisso, its just that every time I head out the back of nowhere , my brother turns on the shitty hilux radio and coupled with a 4" long broken rubber ducky antenna, picks up anything and everything, where my high cost gear picks up nuthin'. Not happy and he reminds me every time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (9th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got nuffin Phil, sibling rivalry at its finest. My bro and I used to argue over who's captured insect was the toughest. In the end we are all the biggest losers and Spotify is laughing all the way to the bank.

I have added a bullbar mounted GME FM radio whip which was great until I broke it, I hope that helps.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've just got a whatever brand pillar mount and reckon the GQ gets the best reception in compassion to pretty much everything else I drive around. . . Mind you most work cars have aerials that are half broken lol. . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New fandangles radio/media player, new ZCG bullbar mount antenna, get as far as Pakenham and things start to fade. I rang the antenna guys and they reckon the issue may be termination on the end of the cable as they supply a pigtail and the end user has to do the soldering. I already has a flying pigtail lead so interchanged the factory supplied push in fitting for a PL259 style cb fitting which should have been fine. They claim those fittings are poor connectors for co-ax, which i simply cannot believe. Anyway, Spotify it is, but no news or weather forecasts. Might clip off the connector and solder it again, not usually something I can stuff up.

OR, I might simply stop going away with him, thats another option I guess.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (10th July 2021), MB (11th July 2021)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345