Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: TD42 - All Variants Aussie Water Thermostats

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Cheers mate. Yeah I have that manual in hard copy.

No no have fully SMASHED this plug damn it. Beyond recognition. All the pins are safe but now out of casing. I need a new plug blank then re pin it.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Ahh that plug. I was thinking one of the ones that went into the back of the gauge.
    See what redarc say tomorrow, they've been great when I've dealt with them on the phone about warranty returns and picking their brains on wiring my temperature probe switch.
    I'd be surprised if they didn't have a replacement plug they'd sell you. I'd assume it will be pricey though.
    I'm gonna guess $16

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Ahh that plug. I was thinking one of the ones that went into the back of the gauge.
    See what redarc say tomorrow, they've been great when I've dealt with them on the phone about warranty returns and picking their brains on wiring my temperature probe switch.
    I'd be surprised if they didn't have a replacement plug they'd sell you. I'd assume it will be pricey though.
    I'm gonna guess $16
    Hahahaha!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!

$16 will be a Bloody Bargain mate!!! Better than $450 for a new gauge!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (18th February 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha for sure
    Here you go @MudRunnerTD
    Last edited by Cremulator; 18th February 2020 at 08:09 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (18th February 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna guess $16
    So i called Redarc directly today and they will sell me the Loom for this plug. Wait for it................................$16 It is in the Mail!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha for sure
    Here you go @MudRunnerTD
    Wow. Thanks awesome.

So how smart was Luke at Geelong Gauge Works. Showed him the drawing in the manual and told him it was an 8 pin from memory. He went out to his shed and called me in a couple of minutes later and said does it look like that??? Common plug out the back of a stereo in a Holden barina and alike. Search the wreckers with a pair of side cutters

He did well. For $16 I will take a new Loom though. Thanks for your help.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (18th February 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i called Redarc directly today and they will sell me the Loom for this plug. Wait for it................................$16 It is in the Mail!!
    Classic. What a guess!!

I based that estimation on the $50+ they charged me for an 1/4" stainless EGT bung.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Thanks awesome.

So how smart was Luke at Geelong Gauge Works. Showed him the drawing in the manual and told him it was an 8 pin from memory. He went out to his shed and called me in a couple of minutes later and said does it look like that??? Common plug out the back of a stereo in a Holden barina and alike. Search the wreckers with a pair of side cutters

He did well. For $16 I will take a new Loom though. Thanks for your help.

Excellent. Good to know it's a common plug & well done locating one at the wreckers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update here.
    Mechanic refused to swap out ts to 82 from hi flow 76 citing the load with the backpack aboard. Fair point.

So, on my annual Grumpyclaus run, Warwick, Tweed Heads etc from Childers, I reckoned to really test it, albeit running empty.
    Away about midday, ambient temp here high 30's. Southwest to Yarraman and then directly west toward Toowomba. Temps never over 80. Egt's steady around 350.
    Up the range from Yarraman at Thornville. Ambient temp 40+, flogging it all the way 110k plus.
    Finally pushed it to 92 and egt's to 550. But seriously had to flog it, fuel gauge hated me.
    Upshot, still thinking higher rated TS required.

@MB can't find the pics of full intercooler setup, will grab the camera over the weekend.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

MB (20th February 2020), MudRunnerTD (20th February 2020), mudski (22nd February 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touses View Post
    Quick update here.
    Mechanic refused to swap out ts to 82 from hi flow 76 citing the load with the backpack aboard. Fair point.

So, on my annual Grumpyclaus run, Warwick, Tweed Heads etc from Childers, I reckoned to really test it, albeit running empty.
    Away about midday, ambient temp here high 30's. Southwest to Yarraman and then directly west toward Toowomba. Temps never over 80. Egt's steady around 350.
    Up the range from Yarraman at Thornville. Ambient temp 40+, flogging it all the way 110k plus.
    Finally pushed it to 92 and egt's to 550. But seriously had to flog it, fuel gauge hated me.
    Upshot, still thinking higher rated TS required.

@MB can't find the pics of full intercooler setup, will grab the camera over the weekend.
    Fark if my egts got to 550 I would have seen 120c easily on water temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Fark if my egts got to 550 I would have seen 120c easily on water temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    550 is the highest I've seen. Have had it to 500 prior, back pack on, fully provisioned and loooong uphill drag, temp no more than mid 80's.
    Would put it down to the custom built rad', high flow ts and the W2A ic.

Really must bring my build thread up to date. Got lots of piccies on this 'puter, somewhere!!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

MB (13th October 2020), mudski (25th February 2020), rusty_nail (24th February 2020)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast