OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Don't tell the Landrover fourms I'm here!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tell the Landrover fourms I'm here!

So I think I've sold my defender 110 and i need a replacement family 4x4. Ideally we'd like a 7 seater and something that is rugged enough for moderate offroad. I'm really liking the look of a couple of 2013 ZD30 patrols. Now by all acounts it seems like by 2013 the ZD30 was sorted if perhaps a little thirsty and under powered? I am coming from a 2.5 tdi 110 on 35s though so under powered is relative.
    I'm wondering if some of you might be able to help me with a couple of questions.
    Anyway it seems that manual vs auto is mostly a question of preference, however I'm curious to know if a manual will be more reliable in the long run?
    Also we are a family of 5, I'd really like a 3 point middle row centre seat belt, these vehicles I'm looking at are only lap belts. Is there a common way of retrofitting a 3 point belt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Mike

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Easilydistracted For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (30th January 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only new myself mate but the guys on the forum appreciate an introduction post before you start asking questions. Welcome to the forum.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up, have added an intro to the intro area.
    Last edited by Easilydistracted; 30th January 2019 at 10:08 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2016 patrol has a lap/sash centre belt. Not sure when they started fitting them though nor do I know if they can be retrofitted.
    Maybe if you could find a late model wreck with one you could swap out the roof lining and hardware to suit, assuming the anchor point is already in the roof structure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easilydistracted View Post
    So I think I've sold my defender 110 and i need a replacement family 4x4. Ideally we'd like a 7 seater and something that is rugged enough for moderate offroad. I'm really liking the look of a couple of 2013 ZD30 patrols. Now by all acounts it seems like by 2013 the ZD30 was sorted if perhaps a little thirsty and under powered? I am coming from a 2.5 tdi 110 on 35s though so under powered is relative.
    I'm wondering if some of you might be able to help me with a couple of questions.
    Anyway it seems that manual vs auto is mostly a question of preference, however I'm curious to know if a manual will be more reliable in the long run?
    Also we are a family of 5, I'd really like a 3 point middle row centre seat belt, these vehicles I'm looking at are only lap belts. Is there a common way of retrofitting a 3 point belt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Mike
    I haven't ever seen anything but a lap sash in the middle row mate, would seating in the rear be suitable? The third row has 3 point belts.

As for the auto manual, I have an auto (di) and have driven the manual (crd) towing a 20foot caravan.

Have to say the manual holds boost much easier, the auto drops all boost as soon as you release the accelerator, from memory the manual held it long as you are in gear. Prefer the auto for offroading though. Much cruisier when your climbing rocks etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep only lap sash in the middle for the second row, been that way since day dot, reckon it would have something to do with the middle row being 50/50 split. Either that or just plain laziness or cheating out on Nissan's part, seeing as my old 2003 XTrail was a 60/40 split and middle was just a lap sash.

Choosing auto or manual I guess is just down to personal preference.

I don't own a GU so cant say for sure.... Thought the autos had a power button which meant the gears were held for longer before changing, but maybe someone could confirm that either way

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,313 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a manual, but I'd love an auto. Laziness just get the better of me now.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I def have a power button and it does hold the gear much longer and higher.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.