Thread: Egr block and gauges

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also those prices from ARB you are getting ripped hard core . Shop around for parts. eBay. Etc . Can get heaps better prices.

Sent from S5
    2005 TD42TI

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Warwick89 (4th January 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Also those prices from ARB you are getting ripped hard core.
    yeah I've found a few cheaper bits and pieces online tonight, One sales person today even went as far as to say that i would be better off buying them direct from redarc and then getting them to install. wont mention company on that one.

the gauge i am worried about fitting is the oil pressure gauge because that will be the vital temps for my rig. I'm most worried about the auto transmission temp so am hoping someone has some first hand experience with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm most worried about the auto transmission temp so am hoping someone has some first hand experience with that.
    I have that one fitted but can't take a pic without removing bits and pieces. Basically where the trans pipes run to the cooler I tee'd in with a tee piece from ENZED and screwed the pickup into the top of the tee. I am using the same temp sensor as the one for water temp, which is the one that supplied with the Redarc (autron) guage. As this only reads from 60 deg, on a cold day with minimal work I usually don't get a reading at all. Towing a trailer full of camping gear on a red hot day (35 deg +) I will run at about 80 to 85 deg up hill and down dale all day. I have set the max temp alarms at 120 deg as I believe the factory light comes on at 140 deg which is the STOP NOW YOUR DOING DAMAGE point. Hope that helps. BTW, I have artificial hips so had to have the crawling around and install done by mechanics. I can assure you the hours per gauge were a lot less than what you have been quoted. As someone else said once you have the sensors installed, the rest is poking the wires through the firewall and connecting them up. If you are doing all the gauges at the same time that is one hour or less to put them through. The longest time on my install was 3 hrs to remove the dump pipe, weld the fitting on and replace it on the engine. The Tee piece on the trans (on a hoist) took less than an hour and the tee I have in the top radiator hose took about 15 mins. My total labour bill, and I had the rear brake pads fitted as well was a bit less than $700 and that was at the same hourly rate. I can't compare the gauge price as mine came from a mate who sort of ran out of Patrol before they were installed. I got boost/egt gauge and temp/temp gauge including pillar pod and light controller and all sensors for $400.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Warwick89 (4th January 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers mate i think i will be giving it a go myself, if worse comes to worse i will pay them to finish haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12