Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Mine arrived today @MudRunnerTD
    Couldn't resist.
    It's fair quality, I'd be unhappy if I paid full price, but $186 delivered isn't bad.

Have you folded anything yet??
    nice one, Yeah i have used it to bend some 1.5mm sheet metal which is actually beyond the limit fo the specs. At the time i thought it was struggling a little to be fair but it got it done, then checked the specs and respected that i was asking more than i should out of it. i was only bending smallish brackets with it so kept them close to the bolt end and it got it done OK.

I then used it to bend some 3mm Ally plate and it did this pretty easy. For what i want it will well and truly get it done for me. The 3in 1 machine i was looking at had removable sections of blade that allowed for smaller box folding but only went to 90 degrees. THis absolutely bends to 120 which is a winner for me.

I agree, $180 is a good buy.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (4th February 2021), Cremulator (3rd February 2021), MB (4th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    nice one, Yeah i have used it to bend some 1.5mm sheet metal which is actually beyond the limit fo the specs. At the time i thought it was struggling a little to be fair but it got it done, then checked the specs and respected that i was asking more than i should out of it. i was only bending smallish brackets with it so kept them close to the bolt end and it got it done OK.

I then used it to bend some 3mm Ally plate and it did this pretty easy. For what i want it will well and truly get it done for me. The 3in 1 machine i was looking at had removable sections of blade that allowed for smaller box folding but only went to 90 degrees. THis absolutely bends to 120 which is a winner for me.

I agree, $180 is a good buy.
    I'll be using it mostly for aluminium, so I'm pleased to hear that it'll do 3mm. That's great.

I might be able to do something with this that I was thinking I might need to get done on a larger machine.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

10G (4th February 2021), MB (4th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (3rd February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    I'll be using it mostly for aluminium, so I'm pleased to hear that it'll do 3mm. That's great.

I might be able to do something with this that I was thinking I might need to get done on a larger machine.
    That Shear on the other hand is Pretty Bloody Good mate!!! i have used it to cut the same 1.5mm sheet metal, needed to trim a heap of brackets taking 5mm off one end. Glorious! I then used it on the 3mm Ally plate and it ate that up prettty easy too. Beast of a thing. Really needs to be bolted down though to give it a red hot go which mine is not but stoked so far.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (4th February 2021), Cremulator (4th February 2021), MB (4th February 2021), Rossco (4th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That bloody Postie came again today!!! Lucky i was home. Big day today!!! When the bloke turned up with trolley and started stacking boxes i knew today was Bender Day!!!

We welcome the Speedwerx M1 Bender Race kit with 3 die sets, a notcher angle finder. Might have got a little tingle! Here he

A couple of cans and a night in the shed and we have the Air over Hydraulic M1 Bender!!!

Stoked!!!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (5th February 2021), 10G (5th February 2021), Avo (6th February 2021), Cremulator (5th February 2021), MB (4th February 2021), Mickhead (5th February 2021), nissannewby (4th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to buy an engine stand now to mount it on. So you can be fully mobile with it for long sections and bending. Also can utilise the ability to rotate the bender for tight area manipulation.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MB (4th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (4th February 2021), rusty_nail (5th February 2021)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice gear. A long time ago, I was dead keen on making custom front bars for 4x4's and had a very good look at that speedwerx stuff, it's very nice. The idea never got anywhere. Congrats Daz.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (6th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (5th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,240 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really tools, probably cheap and nasty too but for $30 from Autobarn today for this 325pc scrivet/clippy set I’m not complaining.
    Way too many old vehicles around the property that when I even look at their clippy’s they drop out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

10G (8th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (6th February 2021), Rossco (6th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Not really tools, probably cheap and nasty too but for $30 from Autobarn today for this 325pc scrivet/clippy set I’m not complaining.
    Way too many old vehicles around the property that when I even look at their clippy’s they drop out

For future reference matey, @MudRunnerTD has put up similar advice before which I followed. I bought this this lot for $10 each box and $5 for the random mixed bag off Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

10G (8th February 2021), MB (6th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,240 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn it Mate
    I’ve gotta start remembering the top advice on here 🥲
    Was so proud today bargain finding as Nissan Lilydale once charged me I think $140 for about 11 x scrivets for the scuttle panel on the family GU leaking firewall debacle

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (6th February 2021), rusty_nail (7th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @PeeBee

I have just gone back through this thread looking for your post but cant find it, i added these to my watch list when you posted them. Can you give me a review on them? Are you happy with how much better than a cheaper set they may be please. Keen.

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2811654439...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast