Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4WD Action Magazine subscription problems

Hi all

Having a problem getting the magazine to honor a subscription I took out in September last year.

Long story short, I bought a pile of stuff which I can use and the telemarketing girl offered 4 yrs subscription to seal the deal. I was happy with deal but when I checked prices on their retail outlet website, I did not save a lot but was still happy.

However, they will not agree to the subscription deal as it "is company policy not to offer 4 yrs" I have subscribed to 4WD Action since about issue 112 and now Modern Fishing and have bought a pile of stuff off them over the years-all of it works and nothing has broken so quality is ok.

I would not have agreed to the deal without the subscription.

The Qld Office of Fair Trading have contacted the company but they still will not budge.

Has anyone else had problems dealing with the company as I will need support from others who have had similar issues to go further with legal action?

Their staff monitor this forum so please PM me with details and keep this thread to general comments.

A thought crossed my mind-perhaps the magazine will not be printed in 4 years and will be digital only as they are pushing that side of it with attractive offers? The magazine has less pages now than it used to have and the number of advertisers seems to have reduced in recent times.

I will be out of contact for next week but will check emails when I get to NT.

cheers

Peter
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you have a copy of the deal / invoice? Like on an email or something.
    4 years sounds like a very long time for a magazine subscription and I'm surprised they even offered it.
    2005 TD42TI

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Do you have a copy of the deal / invoice? Like on an email or something.
    4 years sounds like a very long time for a magazine subscription and I'm surprised they even offered it.
    They have never sent an invoice or receipt for any transaction but I requested some back copies of them a while ago and they only showed the items purchased but not individual prices. I thought that was a bit unusual at the time. The phone calls are not recorded either so there is no proof of anything said or offered.
    The 4 year subscription was "a director's special as I was a loyal subscriber".
    The more I think about it the more suspicious I get about what is going on.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first time I signed up, I got 10 issues for $45 (I think). Then when that one nearly ran out, a they called and offered 20 issues for $79 which I took. I've never heard of x number of years?? Sounds a bit strange.
    Andrew
    -----------------------
    GU3 Patrol, TB48, 33" muddies. front E-locker. 4.11 diff gears. 2.2 metre steel rack. Awning. Steel rear bar. Safari Snorkel. ARB side steps and brush rails. ARB Deluxe bull bar. Winch. 2" lift.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    snip...

Their staff monitor this forum...
    A thought crossed my mind-perhaps the magazine will not be printed in 4 years...
    Oh God I hope so, on both counts.
    That would mean they are aware what 99% of 4WD Owners actually think of them and the trees could be used to make something useful like Dunny Paper.

As for the 'legal' side of things, without an ounce of proof on your side I think you will need to rely on their business ethics, social conscious and customer relations displayed.
    Which means... you are totally screwed.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 26th June 2016 at 06:25 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th June 2016)