Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TJM Prolockers. Any Good??

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They must have priced you for the dual compressor. That's very expensive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any of the ARB compressors will do the job. Bear in mind also that the ARB Compressor will include a full loom for the air lockers as part of the price. Plug and play. You will also get the switch for at least the compressor and maybe 1 locker too.

I understand the TJM pro locker made a change to the 'o' ring and the mechanism used to engage the locker. This is the weak link in an ARB Airlocker. You might see it written occasionally guys selling lockers and saying "Old Style Airlocker" ARB changed the design slightly about 15 years ago and most of the comp guys reckon the old design was stronger.

At the end of the day for the average Tourer and weekend car either will get the same job done. Ford v Holden.

Seriously consider the e-locker.

Note that when talking about the compressor the equation then consider also that it will be your tyre inflator too. If you don't need it to pump up tyres then the ARB Airlocker mini compressor and loom is the winner. ARB won't fit an Airlocker and wire it up without fitting their compressor I don't think and they like using their pre made loom.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (14th June 2017), Rossco (13th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The greatest weakness to the Airlocker, ARB or TJM is Crash engaging. Ie. Pressing the button with the power on.

Power off, engage. Power on. Never dump the button at full noise, they don't like it. Comp blokes don't like backing off.....

A little mechanical sympathy goes a long way.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (13th June 2017), MB (14th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The greatest weakness to the Airlocker, ARB or TJM is Crash engaging. Ie. Pressing the button with the power on.

Power off, engage. Power on. Never dump the button at full noise, they don't like it. Comp blokes don't like backing off.....

A little mechanical sympathy goes a long way.
    Now you tell me..lol

I used it only in situations where I was stuck and just flicked the switch.. ohh well
    I suppose you learn by your mistakes

................on the road

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (13th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhead View Post
    Now you tell me..lol

I used it only in situations where I was stuck and just flicked the switch.. ohh well
    I suppose you learn by your mistakes

Maxhead??? Please post an introduction!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maxhead??? Please post an introduction!
    Sorry I was just after the manuals

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (13th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest weakness to the Airlocker, ARB or TJM is Crash engaging. Ie. Pressing the button with the power on. Power off, engage. Power on. Never dump the button at full noise, they don't like it. Comp blokes don't like backing off..... A little mechanical sympathy goes a long way.
    For sure Daz & great advice on both posts above thanks mate! The solenoid intermittent blockages experienced were doing exactly/badly that. We would switch on at the base of a hill off load and finally feel/loudly hear them drop in under load/turn half way up. Eventually they got so blocked that all air stopped when next actuated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    For sure Daz & great advice on both posts above thanks mate! The solenoid intermittent blockages experienced were doing exactly/badly that. We would switch on at the base of a hill off load and finally feel/loudly hear them drop in under load/turn half way up. Eventually they got so blocked that all air stopped when next actuated.
    You know that could have been your high pressure freespool issue too mate! Water in the lines.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (14th June 2017), Rossco (14th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt mate! @PeeBee Phil has kindly spoken to his mates about Festo air seperating gear and coming up with some simple advice to install. Whole system needs fixing as the main storage tank line was split too found.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th June 2017)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 770 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out that the approx $600 for the compressor is the price of the compressor + the price to fit it + the tyre inflation kit, none of which I need. I can get the small locker only compressor + fitting for about $350.

ARB list all their prices + fitting prices on the web which is great for a few reasons. I wish TJM did coz I can't believe it will cost $2500 for their locker installed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (14th June 2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast