Thread: GU ute resurrection

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU ute resurrection

G’day guys,

Long time since I have been in here. Bluddy cops put my ute of the road ruffly 5 years, so I’ve now decided to get my act together and get it back on the road again.

Clutch and brake hydraulics needed work. Rats had made a home of the cab. FFS I can’t get the stink out of the cab. Ill try and carpet clean and if that doesn’t work, it will be replace the carpet. Passenger side of the body needed a new door and a spray. Yet to do under the snorkel but that will take place when the weather picks up. A few electric issues ie the passenger door window won’t operate since replacing the door. Fabricated a new proportioning valve bracket.

I’ve been missing the old girl. We have a Triton and a ranger but these are fragile in comparison. It has an upgraded turbo and intercooler and hauls well. Plenty of Superior gear underneath.20231123_162118_resized.jpeg20231123_174816_resized.jpeg

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to @GUte For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (25th November 2023), PeeBee (25th November 2023), Touses (25th November 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,687 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rip the carpet out and strip the felted backing off it,(use a grinder with 60grit flap disk, job will be done in 2 minutes), as the piss will be in this rather than the carpet weave, which is synthetic. A good solid clean and air dry should sort the carpet out. Then do a Jing Ping sound sheet job on the cabin followed by a second layer of sound and heat insulation from Car Builders, put the carpet in, if the rat stink has gone and you wont have to be worried about water ingress ever again - everything will be quiet and non water absorbable. You could probably source a panel of auto carpet from Car Builders, however it wont be nice and moulded like the existing carpet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

@GUte (25th November 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB, this post has been invaluable mate. Thanks heaps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to @GUte For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (25th November 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GUte. Welcome back. I've been sitting on the sideline for many years and gradually getting back into lurking. lol.

I might need a bigger ute, possibly dual cab for my 'turning 10 month old' German Shepherd to stretch out

Ute 9.jpg. LOL.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.