Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY CV and Swivel Hub Rebuild Thread

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, awesome detailed write up, been studying this thread & doing my GQ at the same time getting all the necessary info from the write up, 2 thumbs up for taking the time to share MudRunner....

Now there’s a question coming...

7F1E6824-348D-4268-A6AC-8C5D40BFE1EC.jpeg

The Nissan GQ Patrol manual shows the seal guard(s) being inserted vertically, not horizontally (your pics shows it inserted horizontally), can you plz clarify & confirm?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Hi there, awesome detailed write up, been studying this thread & doing my GQ at the same time getting all the necessary info from the write up, 2 thumbs up for taking the time to share MudRunner....

Now there’s a question coming...

7F1E6824-348D-4268-A6AC-8C5D40BFE1EC.jpeg

The Nissan GQ Patrol manual shows the seal guard(s) being inserted vertically, not horizontally (your pics shows it inserted horizontally), can you plz clarify & confirm?
    That is interesting. Where did you get that pic?? If you refer to the first page you will see.the diagram I use is horizontal. Note also there is a pic clearly showing the back of the swivel hub with them bolted up. The bolt pattern will dictate them anyway. They will only go 1 way.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    That is interesting. Where did you get that pic?? If you refer to the first page you will see.the diagram I use is horizontal. Note also there is a pic clearly showing the back of the swivel hub with them bolted up. The bolt pattern will dictate them anyway. They will only go 1 way.
    I believe it’s from the Nissan Patrol GQ/GU manual that Nissan released...

Interesting because mine are also like yours in the picture...., horizontal...

Here is the full page of the screenshot
    E8A80201-B561-4299-9E9B-F4B1305D572C.jpeg6500D450-2B0D-4444-A461-0288F071BF60.jpeg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bed in the rear scraper seal and install the cover plate. This can be a little confusing, take your time and it will bed in perfectly.

As you can see in these pics the bolt pattern suggested in the image is clearly not correct either.

As you can see there though, it will only go 1 way.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see in these pics the bolt pattern suggested in the image is clearly not correct either.

As you can see there though, it will only go 1 way.
    Yup my actual GQ is exactly like yours as shown in the above post...

With respects to the scraper seal & supporting ring, do you have the incision facing up or down?

The manual shows it facing down, others have mentioned it should face up, one member has mentioned to me that it should face down to allow any water to be dispersed in case it enters the swivel knuckle area.

What are your thoughts?

P.S.
    Which bolt hole do you use for the 1 special/different looking bolt (stopper bolt) at the back for the scraper seal guards?
    Last edited by Kon; 13th November 2019 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup my actual GQ is exactly like yours as shown in the above post...

With respects to the scraper seal & supporting ring, do you have the incision facing up or down?

The manual shows it facing down, others have mentioned it should face up, one member has mentioned to me that it should face down to allow any water to be dispersed in case it enters the swivel knuckle area.

What are your thoughts?

P.S.
    Which bolt hole do you use for the 1 special/different looking bolt (stopper bolt) at the back for the scraper seal guards?
    I fit them to the bottom as per the photo above but the swivel hub is sealed and there should be No Water ingress. If water gets in there then your stripping it out anyway for the contaminant.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fit them to the bottom as per the photo above but the swivel hub is sealed and there should be No Water ingress. If water gets in there then your stripping it out anyway for the contaminant.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just went out and grabbed some photos for you mate.

View from behind diff on GU

The steering stop bolt in on the front side on both sides. Clearly visible in these pics.

And my GQ also runs a GU diff with that same setup.

Sorry I can't confirm the GQ is the same but I'm nearly 100%

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe it’s from the Nissan Patrol GQ/GU manual that Nissan released...

Interesting because mine are also like yours in the picture...., horizontal...

Here is the full page of the screenshot
    E8A80201-B561-4299-9E9B-F4B1305D572C.jpeg6500D450-2B0D-4444-A461-0288F071BF60.jpeg
    Note from this photo of my GU that Nissan changed from Horizontal to Vertical from GQ to GU. Learn something every day.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note from this photo of my GU that Nissan changed from Horizontal to Vertical from GQ to GU. Learn something every day.

Ok, so I thank you for assisting with the above pictures...

Seems like mine are exactly like yours...

I am about to do the rebuild (I’ve got everything just want to get my head around things before I attempt)...
    Last edited by Kon; 22nd November 2019 at 03:51 PM.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast