OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: 4 months in the shop & Nissan don't care - help i need a nissan HQ contact

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 months in the shop & Nissan don't care - help i need a nissan HQ contact

I have an 06 patrol 4.8L auto with a faulty
    TCM (transmission control module). And Nissan don't care.

I have not seen my car for 4 months and still waiting for it to be fixed.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD FRIEND AT NISSAN HQ / TECH, that might help us through this problem.

So:

June 2016, buy car through private buyer.
    Get car RACV tested. Road test, rwc - all appears fine....

A week later - sporadic glitch occurs with gears not changing... ie. Pull up to a stop. Then take off and it crawls off in 4th gear. (Turn off engine & restart fixes issue temporarily until it decides to do it again 20-50kms later)

After 4 different mechanics / auto electricians (2 months) finally identify cause as faulty TCM.

My mechanic has a very kind customer that allowed us to put his identical patrols TCM in my car to test the theory. My car went 1000km perfect like a dream.

Put my TCM back in and same issue re occurs.

My TCM was sent away for bench testing & repair. Re installed and each time it failed!!

Ordered brand new TCM from Nissan waverley.
    Installed and found to be faulty.

Nissan Australia have no more TCMs in australia so part ordered from Japan.

Meanwhile my mechanic has talked till he's blue in the face to Nissan (brick wall) waverley regarding the above. And that this new spare part needs to be coded with nissan proprietary software/firmware etc so that it will work - as without it, the car runs like a dog, doesn't work.

Nissan waverley have had my car gathering dust in their 'too hard basket'. (You know the one (its not a standard service) so they don't really care about customer service or bad word of mouth).

Nissan Waverley claim Nissan tech hq have said its my ECU.

But per above tested theory, we know the TCM is the issue, so I don't want them selling me $$$ on a new ecu aswell.

As Nissan own the proprietary software / firmware, they are the only ones that can code up the tcm / ecu's etc. (my mechanic would, but his hands are tied).

But they either don't know what there doing or don't care enough.
    So after a month of nothing its about to goto another nissan dealer who hopefully care a little harder to fix this, and have a very happy customer readdy to spread good word of mouth.

Obviously my mechanic is fed up (but has been great trying to see this through) i'm fed up & beside myself.

After sooooo long I'm hoping someone has a really good contact at Nissan tech / Nissan HQ that can help us with this new dealership getting the software / firmware / support from Nissan HQ, we need to fix this problem and me getting my citrus flavoured vehicle back to running like it should.

Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much are Nissan charging for the TCM? You may be able to get and after market tcm from Wholesale Transmissions. They should have one for a 5 speed Nissan box. It may be a better option than paying Nissan (unless under warranty) as they are fully programmable.

http://automatictransmission.com.au/...ntrol-systems/
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The borrowed unit worked so how would one from a wrecker go to get you moving again? or is that not as easy as it sounds?
    Cheers
    Macca

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav72 View Post
    I have an 06 patrol 4.8L auto with a faulty
    TCM (transmission control module). And Nissan don't care.

I have not seen my car for 4 months and still waiting for it to be fixed.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD FRIEND AT NISSAN HQ / TECH, that might help us through this problem.

So:

June 2016, buy car through private buyer.
    Get car RACV tested. Road test, rwc - all appears fine....

A week later - sporadic glitch occurs with gears not changing... ie. Pull up to a stop. Then take off and it crawls off in 4th gear. (Turn off engine & restart fixes issue temporarily until it decides to do it again 20-50kms later)

After 4 different mechanics / auto electricians (2 months) finally identify cause as faulty TCM.

My mechanic has a very kind customer that allowed us to put his identical patrols TCM in my car to test the theory. My car went 1000km perfect like a dream.

Put my TCM back in and same issue re occurs.

My TCM was sent away for bench testing & repair. Re installed and each time it failed!!

Ordered brand new TCM from Nissan waverley.
    Installed and found to be faulty.

Nissan Australia have no more TCMs in australia so part ordered from Japan.

Meanwhile my mechanic has talked till he's blue in the face to Nissan (brick wall) waverley regarding the above. And that this new spare part needs to be coded with nissan proprietary software/firmware etc so that it will work - as without it, the car runs like a dog, doesn't work.

Nissan waverley have had my car gathering dust in their 'too hard basket'. (You know the one (its not a standard service) so they don't really care about customer service or bad word of mouth).

Nissan Waverley claim Nissan tech hq have said its my ECU.

But per above tested theory, we know the TCM is the issue, so I don't want them selling me $$$ on a new ecu aswell.

As Nissan own the proprietary software / firmware, they are the only ones that can code up the tcm / ecu's etc. (my mechanic would, but his hands are tied).

But they either don't know what there doing or don't care enough.
    So after a month of nothing its about to goto another nissan dealer who hopefully care a little harder to fix this, and have a very happy customer readdy to spread good word of mouth.

Obviously my mechanic is fed up (but has been great trying to see this through) i'm fed up & beside myself.

After sooooo long I'm hoping someone has a really good contact at Nissan tech / Nissan HQ that can help us with this new dealership getting the software / firmware / support from Nissan HQ, we need to fix this problem and me getting my citrus flavoured vehicle back to running like it should.

Help
    GAV72, I bought my Patrol from this dealer in 1997, sounds like nothing has changed. We signed the paperwork, handed over the trade-in and were given a run-about Camry from memory as the vehicle was currently being prepared for release, circa 4 days to pick it up. 7 weeks later and a raft of BS, I made contact with the MD of Nissan Australia, and after a terse conversation he apologized and said he would find out what was happening. Seems the vehicle was sitting at the dealer the entire time, but was being held back for delivery as it was part of the run-out deals for end of model - you know the 25th special model BS - waiting to have special rear fender stickers added. Anyway, the vehicle was suddenly made avail the next day. I have never returned to this dealer and never will.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately my mechanic has called every conceivable place around Oz, Yep not so easy.
    If anyone writes off a 4.8 - I'll pay top doller for a TCM

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Give @mudski a PM he may have them or know where to get one from
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I find it odd that a brand new tcm didnt work. More than likely the wrong part knowing how the dealers work.

Did you put your tcm in the vehicle you borrowed one from to see if the problem followed the tcm?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday

Yep - put mine in the other patrol, his ran sluggish, but not not as badly as when in mine....

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK
    My mechanic got my car off waverley Nissan
    He took it to Ferntree Gully Nissan - 3 hrs later my car TCM was coded and car fixed!!
    Ferntree Gully nissan advised that the old computer they use is capable of performing the right coding for my car.
    My mechanic mentioned that when he had attended Waverley Nissan over the proceeding weeks, that Waverley mentioned and showed him that they were still using the old computer too.
    SO
    Why could waverley not do it
    Why did waverley take 5 weeks, of different answers and stuffing around while my car gathered dust
    And then a different dealership fixes it in 3 hrs.
    Should I expect some compensation from waverley for stuffing us around for 5 weeks, myself 7 my mechanic. (for starters I didnt have my car and cost me $500 to use someone elses 4wd for a planned trip away) the list goes on
    perhaps they will charge the $1500 TCM replacement part to me at a cost price now, and then some...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gav72 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (20th January 2017), liftlid (20th January 2017), Rock Trol (20th January 2017), threedogs (20th January 2017)