Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time consuming day today. Managed to get the 4 fuse blocks mounted in the vehicle and run the pos/neg cables for the deep cycle side of things. Tomorrow is the ign source cables - this is going to be a struggle as there are more cables and I think quite a few will require extending. Also have 3 cables that I somehow didn't label and one joined with a crimp connection came apart and I can't locate the other end - always happens. 7 hrs is about the limit for me screwed up like a wet towel, so will see how it lands tomorrow, but it looks a hell of a lot better.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (14th July 2020), mudnut (13th July 2020), MudRunnerTD (22nd July 2020), mudski (14th July 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rewire complete - 3 wires to chase down but they should show up pretty easily when something doesn't work. Only issue was the actual fit of the blade fuses, couple were out of alignment and took a bit of joggling to fit the fuse. They were cheap in all honesty, however could not find a Blue Seas quality fuse block with 12 slotsfuses.JPG with the LEDs. Still pretty busy though.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (14th July 2020), MudRunnerTD (22nd July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a champion That is one can of worms dealt with.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (14th July 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Not entirely sure as was sort of sucking in a lot of info at the one time. I think at 100kph I am doing around the 1900-1950rpm, 110kph sits around 2000 - 2050maybe, not sure on 120kph. When i am next out I will take some better numbers. These are probably worst case in some regards as the sample time is so short. Also, I have a large frontal area with the roofrack that does not help. Yes 33's and 3,9 with man box.
    I looked at my spreadsheet and with those tires and diff ratio, you should be doing 97km/h at 2000rpm, 120 reads 2500rpm.
    would be interested if the spreadsheet is accurate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (14th July 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ralph, I will take a closer look next time. My speedo is out as the conversion was done with 32" tyres, and by the GPS 1 am 5klm/hr out. I am a bit doubtful about the speed as the rolling dia is a bit pressure dependent anyway.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    What a champion That is one can of worms dealt with.
    Yep, it was a dogs breakfast for sure, now a bit more organised and one circuit per fuse.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went chasing the home for the 3 extra wires, started by seeing what wasn't working - bugger me there are 5 things not working and 3 wires - just as well we are in lockdown or this would be a real drag

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (22nd July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Rewire complete - 3 wires to chase down but they should show up pretty easily when something doesn't work. Only issue was the actual fit of the blade fuses, couple were out of alignment and took a bit of joggling to fit the fuse. They were cheap in all honesty, however could not find a Blue Seas quality fuse block with 12 slotsfuses.JPG with the LEDs. Still pretty busy though.
    Just.....Bloody Hell mate!! Proud of your efforts there. I have lived that dream on a smaller scale and that is a great effort. I hate those OCD Auto Elecs that make it look like Art. FFS there is so much going on you have to pack it in. You should be very pleased with that effort mate. My GQ Centre Console is awesome but behind the scenes looks messy but it works, its safe and its fused. Stuff the Haters. Great effort mate.

Still Scary as Faarrrkkk. But i remember the first time i saw your rig OMFG! you burned a hole in my brain. This is a huge move forward mate. Well done.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and on the bright side..... If it does catch fire at least your feet will be warm.....
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want to see the fuse box cover with the sticker on it that says which fuse does what??

i use an Ap on my phone for lists, this would be a great spot to keep a fuse list like that! that is Epic mate.

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast