Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #thisisreallyliving

Vic High Country

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (10th July 2020), MB (18th July 2020), mudnut (10th July 2020), PeeBee (10th July 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zac is a dobbleganger with my nephew. Before i scrolled down the page I thought, whats Chris doing with Darren - unbelievable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,032 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Zac taller than you now Darren?

BTW, was it next January you had half the Cape Jaffa Caravan park booked? We want to go there for second week of January but not sure how you guys will go, border may still be closed.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,411 Times in 6,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Is Zac taller than you now Darren?

BTW, was it next January you had half the Cape Jaffa Caravan park booked? We want to go there for second week of January but not sure how you guys will go, border may still be closed.
    Yeah this coming January. We are really hoping for the border to be open by then but I think we will need to come up with a back up plan just in case.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 8,032 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was joking about the border being closed, you guys will piss off Covid 19 by then.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So had a huge weekend away in the Q. Was Epic.

Hit the road early Friday with Zach in the Navi seat to find some great tracks and enjoy the hills, find some Snow, teach Zach some skills and throw it down as many tracks as we could.

#comewhatmay #thisisreallyliving #giveitapropergo #justsendit

We camped at Comet Flat on Friday night. Was Cold and Wet. We got a fire going but was a real struggle.. here is one from Zach!!!! Let put the wet wood on the swing hot plate supplied by ParksVic!!!! Worked Great!!

Poked my nose up Brewery Tk on Saturday and was disappointed to find it is now a Gated Seasonally Closed track!!!!

Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), Cremulator (14th July 2020), MB (18th July 2020), mudski (14th July 2020), Rossco (14th July 2020), TPC (15th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #comewhatmay #giveitapropergo #thisisreallyliving

We got pretty Lose on Saturday. Zero F@cks Given and pointed the GQ at everything that looked interesting.

Zach was a little apprehensive about going alone but he really underestimated the GQ. We got pretty Crazy. By the end of the weekend he had ALOT of Love for the GQ. Seriously it is a Beast.

We hit the Champion Spur Link track in both direction in the rain. Crossed the Goulburn on Champion and headed up Black Ridge.

I gave Zach a heap of technical info on winching and setting up recoveries and soon enough he got a chance to try out his learning.

Jump out the window mate. Winching we are!!!

He lost his cherry jumping out the window!!

He was pretty Chuffed

So we headed up another couple of Hectik Tracks I can't name here and the weather set in and it started raining hard. We consulted the Rooftop Maps and thought we would see if the hut marked was really there!!!!

What a sight for wet eyes!!! Best thing Ever!!!!

Dry wood stacked and waiting!!! God send!

Plenty of room for 6 swags easy

Bugger me!!!! @AB was here in 2013!!

Fire was hot. Whiskey was cold. Food was cooked.

We cut a huge log and filled the Wood stack back to full before leaving.

Thank you High Country Hut
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 14th July 2020 at 08:49 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), Cremulator (14th July 2020), MB (18th July 2020), Rossco (14th July 2020), TPC (15th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We might have found some Snow

Found a second Hut. Well equipped. Likely used mainly by Hunters.

We did our Service. Cleared a Massive double trunk downed tree. I didn't get a before pic but seriously considered turning around. My saw was no where near big enough but we gave it a red hot crack. 1.5 tanks of fuel later and some winching and the track was open again.

This sign was very confusing on Mr Selma

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), Cremulator (14th July 2020), MB (18th July 2020), Rossco (14th July 2020), TPC (15th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I drove home late Sunday night and went through the Covid19 Roadblock at 11pm as quietly as I could. Was a little anxious about attention from Vicpol. We got through.

School drop off on Monday for my Little Person.. Lol.

Love her to bits.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), BrazilianY60 (13th May 2021), Cremulator (14th July 2020), MB (18th July 2020), mudnut (14th July 2020), mudski (15th July 2020), PeeBee (14th July 2020), Rossco (14th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This really is the first really decent trip I have done in this car in 5 years.

Feedback....

24v High mount........ OMFG!!!! There is simply no comparison to a 12v High mount. This thing is a weapon. So much faster. So stoked with this upgrade.

37" Beadlocked Treps!!!.... Holy Batshit Crazy. Beast Mode Tyres!!! Epic. #Justsendit game changer people. Epic

Warn VTC Compressor.... Bloody Hell!!! I dropped in at Winnies on the way home to air up. The Treps were at 23psi. Using a stop watch to air up, it took 90 Seconds per tyre to go from 23psi to 43psi... stoked. That is a BIG Tyre.

Worth the hard work. Worth the time and effort. Can't wait to head out again now.

Stoked!!!!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), Cremulator (15th July 2020), jay see (15th July 2020), MB (30th August 2020), mudnut (15th July 2020), mudski (15th July 2020), PeeBee (14th July 2020), Rossco (14th July 2020)

Page 171 of 187 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast