Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are comfortable with the "reline issue", then I think the brake upgrade is not a concern.
    Given that the "gold standard" of 4x4 have 17" rims, I think that should not be such an issue these days.
    I had a 6.5 in a rangie years ago with the GM p/s pump, I never had a failure.
    There are plenty of alternate pumps that fit the same brackets etc, so I don't understand what the problem is.
    why carry the electric p/s pump, when you can carry a spare GM pump is something I have not come to grips with yet, given the weight and complexity issues.
    My conversion is nearing the end, I've organised the trans cal which was my biggest challenge with the 6L90. Keen to get it on the road and start the tuning.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    If you are comfortable with the "reline issue", then I think the brake upgrade is not a concern.
    Given that the "gold standard" of 4x4 have 17" rims, I think that should not be such an issue these days.
    I had a 6.5 in a rangie years ago with the GM p/s pump, I never had a failure.
    There are plenty of alternate pumps that fit the same brackets etc, so I don't understand what the problem is.
    why carry the electric p/s pump, when you can carry a spare GM pump is something I have not come to grips with yet, given the weight and complexity issues.
    My conversion is nearing the end, I've organised the trans cal which was my biggest challenge with the 6L90. Keen to get it on the road and start the tuning.
    I know, we can all have great long term runs, and then some don't, mine lasted 3klm, and I just dont trust that pump. If you know of a direct replacement that fits the brackets, pls let me know. Regards the electric pump, well I can only assume you have not had the luxury of changing that pig of a pump whilst its actually in the vehicle with the radiator in place? The job took me 6 frickin' hours and then, the pulley is pressed onto the shaft - a 30T press could not even move it, so I had BD supply a warranty new pump and pulley. BD wanted $900 for a spare pump and 8 rib pulley, forget it, I have the 12V pump mounted, the steering box connections arrived today, so its simply down to Pirtek for a couple of hoses. It cas sit in a cubby hole for the rest of its life and never be used, happy with that, BUT, I need a spare especially if it fails up the bush as that barge is next to impossible to steer without the power assist. Its probably a 45min job at worst to swap the lines and power up the pump, and its all in relative open areas or accessible compared to the gopher hole you have to work with on the existing pump, so unless i find a different pump thats my solution for now.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally installed a pressure gauge on the hyd winch - was on the list for ages. happy with the installation, system pressure is less than 100psi at idle. Also installed the new in-line fuel heater just prior to the under bonnet filter, it looks like a glowplug inserted into a short length of 25mm RHS. Its got a simple thermostat to control the max temp - can't recall what it is but configured for the USA vehicles. Just have to finish off the 12V+ line with fuse and done. Happy day today, no smoke testing, no leaks after everything was done back up - finally getting things right it seems.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (5th September 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added the electric oil pressure gauge setup today, pig of a job, difficult access to get to the original sender. Anyway, its done, looked good at the start, now indicating zero pressure when the oil is hot, but stutters and picks up when the revs rise. I am onto SAAS tech support to see if i have installed correctly - there is a reference to a max wire dia for the sense cable, this might be the issue. Apart from that its good.

Here is a link to the video of the gauge stuttering to take off https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?u...OV&sz=47981446

Gauge dash.JPG
    Last edited by PeeBee; 8th September 2020 at 05:16 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (8th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEW GQ dash pod is truly impressive Philstar Mate, very tidy Tops!!
    My NEW NBN Satellite dishy just nearly caught on fire though....48.00 mega busting video :-)
    Best on ‘Private’ Youtubey as AB once tought us reduced McMegapascals or some bloody thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    NEW GQ dash pod is truly impressive Philstar Mate, very tidy Tops!!
    My NEW NBN Satellite dishy just nearly caught on fire though....48.00 mega busting video :-)
    Best on ‘Private’ Youtubey as AB once tought us reduced McMegapascals or some bloody thing

You explain things so clearly!

Jousting day tomorrow about this crappy instrument, first time SAAS has let me down, I got a dud and took ages to install it as well!

Don't stand in front of the dish by the way, it will nuke your goolies and you will be unattractive to the ladies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (9th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t our beloved SAAS of old selling into SCA these days lesser?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t our beloved SAAS of old selling into SCA these days lesser?

No idea. If so maybe the quantity over quality has prevailed?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s official, you are out of control again Philstar Old Mate! You were doing so well too gutting out some weight for next open day adventures to comeYou have honestly saved me before though with the multitude of spare parts onboard the 4.0T beast nearly again!!
    LOVE IT

Electric Blanket for the fuel lines on the Snow Swag Trip comes to mind...... and a Purple Gimp Suit... I still think i imagined that though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (11th September 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, the plot thickens. the Streetline range from SAAS is their entry level gauge - didn't know that - and they use a Stepper motor system which produces a stuttering or staged gauge indication - needle bounces up and down like its passing a threhld - horrible looking device. Also the sense wire is constrained to be no larger in dia than 0.8mm, and not too long - but no maximum length given and no factory supplied loom apart from a pigtale. I had the sense run in 1.0mm wire so i downgraded this to 0.6mm as the instructions say 'max 0.8mm'. Anyway, rewired the sense, fired it up, same result, zero psi at idle and the factory gauge is reading 20psi or there abouts. SAAS make a Muscle Line series which uses a different system and is smooth in operation. I am now leaning towards a VDO replacement with a 0 - 500kpa scale which is more in line with the expected pressure range i should expect to see. bit of a learning curve again. I am waiting to hear back from VDO regards the options and if their kit comes with a full loom or not

Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast