OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own / owned a Waeco CoolPro 35ltr???

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone own / owned a Waeco CoolPro 35ltr???

As per the thread title has anyone owned or currently owns a Waeco CoolPro 35ltr if so, how long from switching it on does it take to cool????

Cheers Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G’day Toddstar mate, unsure of that model and goods/temps you may require to cool. Only advice I can offer is that all fridges/freezers seem to appreciate a certain goods volume within to run more efficiently. Before departure and packing goods whilst waiting for my girls I can use contained ice blocks to get our rigs systems started! $2 per 2L IGA brand rectangular juice bottles refilled and hard frozen can either stay onboard for water needs or remove once goods are ready to pack :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (20th November 2017), MudRunnerTD (20th November 2017), NissanGQ4.2 (21st November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have two at work that are used on small boats as 'lunch boxes' for drinks, crib and lunch tucker.

I haven't used them personally so not sure how helpful the following is but...
    The crews (2 man) like them however they tell me they only put pre-chilled fruit/drinks/tucker in them as it takes "ages to chill down bottled water".
    They told me that if it is a hot day (mid 30's to 40's) then they don't handle it at all.
    Given the boats tend to do most of the work from about 4 AM until 12ish that isn't usually an issue.

If they go north or know they will be out in the afternoon heat of a WA summer they use Engel 38's.
    The Waeco's advantage is they are smaller and lighter and easy to swap between Tow Vehicle and Vessel
    The disadvantages are power consumption and they only pull down about 20 ish degrees below ambient which is OK in an Aircon Cruiser tow vehicle or the cool of the morning in the boat cabin
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (21st November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MB and The Evil Twin

The only reason I ask is I scored one of my neighbor for free, saw one sitting on top of one of his bins and finally caught up with him and asked if he was throwing it out not know what brand or model it was. He said he was indeed throwing it out so asked what was wrong with it, he said powers up, display lights change but had it running for 2 hrs and wasn't cooling the drinks down.

Grabbed it anyway to have a tinker with it and read some online reviews saying basically what u guys have said, so think it actually works for what it is "cooler"

Will throw some frozen bottle in it on the weekend and some beer and see how it goes.

Only really want it 2 throw cold food in for long drives, though it might be better than an esky full of ice

P.S: Welcome back ET

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MB (21st November 2017), the evil twin (21st November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    snip...

Grabbed it anyway to have a tinker with it and read some online reviews saying basically what u guys have said, so think it actually works for what it is "cooler"

Will throw some frozen bottle in it on the weekend and some beer and see how it goes.

Only really want it 2 throw cold food in for long drives, though it might be better than an esky full of ice
    Darn good find for $0 bucks mate.

You've pretty much nailed it on how to use them.
    If you treat it as an Esky that uses Power instead of Ice to keep things cold then you should be happy.

As mentioned I haven't personally used the 35 but we have a couple of small ones (Peltier effect Cooler/Warmers) we use in our vehicles a fair bit when doing land based day work.
    I think they are about 8 litres or so and are perfect for keeping a days worth of water and some fruit etc nicely chilled down.
    I suspect the 35 might be a bit of a beast on power and one of ours shit itself on the 240 but works on 12.
    The boys asked me to look at it but it wasn't worth fixing and they hardly ever use 240 anyway
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (21st November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Darn good find for $0 bucks mate.

You've pretty much nailed it on how to use them.
    If you treat it as an Esky that uses Power instead of Ice to keep things cold then you should be happy.

As mentioned I haven't personally used the 35 but we have a couple of small ones (Peltier effect Cooler/Warmers) we use in our vehicles a fair bit when doing land based day work.
    I think they are about 8 litres or so and are perfect for keeping a days worth of water and some fruit etc nicely chilled down.
    I suspect the 35 might be a bit of a beast on power and one of ours shit itself on the 240 but works on 12.
    The boys asked me to look at it but it wasn't worth fixing and they hardly ever use 240 anyway
    Yeh I usually do what MB does when packing the esky anyway freezing water bottles for drinking so limiting the amount of ice I need. Yeh read they suck the power but pretty much will only be using it if I am doing a weekend long drive trip and due 2 the patrol still being of the road I'm not camping it so will only be running when the shit box Corolla's motor is running anyway.

Could of given it a work out a few weekends ago when I done a 5hr drive each way 2 take the kids 2 Dubbo zoo. Gives me an excuse 2 pack the bags and go on another long drive..... not that I really need an excuse

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, just put in some ice packs and some meat 2 see how it goes and noticed there is a fan on the inside of the fridge as well and this isn't spinning the one on the opposite side is but on the outside of the fridge.

Would the inside fan switch on and off defending on temps inside the fridge? I assume this should be going flat stick at startup?

Thoughts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The internal fan is not temp dependant and is switched via a lid micro and doesn't run with the lid open.

Opposite way around but you can test it the same way as you test to see if your house fridge light turns off when the door is shut

ROFL, sorry, couldn't resist... if you think it isn't working, mark a blade position or put something light near the fan and see if it moved when you re-open the fridge.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 25th November 2017 at 11:51 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (25th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    The internal fan is not temp dependant and is switched via a lid micro and doesn't run with the lid open.

Opposite way around but you can test it the same way as you test to see if your house fridge light turns off when the door is shut

ROFL, sorry, couldn't resist... if you think it isn't working, mark a blade position or put something light near the fan and see if it moved when you re-open the fridge.
    Thanks ET, didn't even think of the fan working like that.

Could see the fan spin down 2 a stop3 after lifting the lid so no need for your tricks but pointed me in the right direction thankyou.

Seems 2 be maintaining a temp of around 7-9 deg with only 4 ice bricks and nothing else in there and considering its sitting in my shed which is about 35-40 deg. I think once its full of cold stuff and a few ice bricks it will be fine for my intended use. And for a freebee I'm very happy with it

Thanks again ET and MB

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Todd, I also scored one of those for $0 a few years back. They do ok if used as you already stated. Stuff has still been nice n cold the next day when I've used it during weekends out.

I doubt if I'd ever buy a new one though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast