Thread: removing top of intake plenum.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

removing top of intake plenum.

Hi fellas, Been trying to replace injectors etc on the trol ('92 TB42e) and having trouble finding clear pics of where the bolts are on the fuel rail and I'm trying to split the intake plenum. I've removed the bolts at the back but can't see the bolts at the front that hold it on. I checked the on line manual but the pic is to dark to see anything and made the mistake of buying the online version of the haynes manual which to be honest is as useful as tits on a bull. Anyone able to help? I was unable to find anything on utube that helps.
    Pete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete49 View Post
    Hi fellas, Been trying to replace injectors etc on the trol ('92 TB42e) and having trouble finding clear pics of where the bolts are on the fuel rail and I'm trying to split the intake plenum. I've removed the bolts at the back but can't see the bolts at the front that hold it on. I checked the on line manual but the pic is to dark to see anything and made the mistake of buying the online version of the haynes manual which to be honest is as useful as tits on a bull. Anyone able to help? I was unable to find anything on utube that helps.
    Pete
    Have you downloaded the full Workshop Manual available on this site mate? 1200pages of Factory Issue bud. We have the Haynes one too but the factory one is here for your use. See the Manuals button in the red strip below the banner. Go for your life.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Muddy I thought I had but apparently lost it when repairing the puter. I'll d/l it now.
    Pete

i

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from memory theres just one bolt at each end that hold the rail in place. it will still take a bit of pressure to pop out though from the injector o-rings being tight in the manifold.
    if your hoping to fit bigger injectors bear in mind that the std tb42e injectors are smaller in dia than most common injectors and may require the rail to be redrilled to fit higher flow units(went through this with my old tb42e turbo about 7 years ago)
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc

7. The Following User Says Thank You to billyj For This Useful Post:

Pete49 (13th June 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billyj thanks for that but I cant get to the bolt easily thats why I wanted to remove the upper plenum.
    MudRunner the d/l manual only covers the carby model so no help there unfortunately.