OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PHOTOBUCKET users please be aware !

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Steve is your PB account still active or is it gone now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes its still active @AB, but from what he has already said it sounds like we might have lost them already on here

Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Yes there was, as i was going through each photo album , periodically one of my pictures had been replaced with as you describe, i could still see a small thumbnail of the real image, but could not see the full size.

I was lucky they chose/replaced images that are not my favorites , and i just excepted losing them as collateral damage, also left a heap of 4x4 photos behind, as just saving the good stuff took all day

But yeh ,this actually means they were not even letting "me" see "all" of my own pics.
    Don't forget Photobucket could also use your images royalty free, selling photo books, framed prints etc to third parties, this is the main reason i chose to delete my account, rather than leave my pics there for them to use, as i am now getting nothing from the partnership deal they made, so shall they get nothing from me.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (4th July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have NO idea what any of you are talking about - except @MB & his 'cloudy thingo' ( which I don't use either but at least I knew what he was talking about ) ahh I love being computer / IT illiterate- sooo much easier 😊

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    I have NO idea what any of you are talking about - except @MB & his 'cloudy thingo' ( which I don't use either but at least I knew what he was talking about ) ahh I love being computer / IT illiterate- sooo much easier
    We speaka da samma language big fella ;-)
    (Just ring AB on the telephone to help fix IT :-) )

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Steve is your PB account still active or is it gone now?
    Deleted my account Andy, have not gone back since to check if anything is still there (nor do i really want to), when us old farts crack the shits, we do it proper
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (4th July 2017), MB (4th July 2017), TPC (4th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Yes its still active @AB, but from what he has already said it sounds like we might have lost them already on here

I have the images as downloaded from PB, im not beyond attempting to rebuild my pic thread somehow , as id like to keep it going, just not really sure what to do yet.

I guess ill do nothing until the dust settles, and wait for suggestions from you guys, i know something will have to be done with mine (and other peoples threads), at the very least ill get the pics back on here somewhere in a thread, even if it means they all go on in a consecutive upload.

Im sure i can remember where they are taken, even if i cant remember the dates, so at least i can add some form of description.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (4th July 2017), Rossco (5th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the images as downloaded from PB, im not beyond attempting to rebuild my pic thread somehow , as id like to keep it going, just not really sure what to do yet.

I guess ill do nothing until the dust settles, and wait for suggestions from you guys, i know something will have to be done with mine (and other peoples threads), at the very least ill get the pics back on here somewhere in a thread, even if it means they all go on in a consecutive upload.

Im sure i can remember where they are taken, even if i cant remember the dates, so at least i can add some form of description.
    Ok thanks Steve. At this stage don't rename or move any photos out of the folder structure you downloaded.

Did it download the albums you had on PB as folders with the photos in each folder or did it just download one complete folder with all of your images?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded each pic individually, i don't think you can download a complete "album" with one click ?

I guess the pics may have PB file names that may allow allocation to where they were in my thread ? ,im on a different PC at present, so can't ,(in other words im too lazy) to check right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (5th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,037 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been a lot of talk about "Ransomware" in the news lately, this whole Photobucket bullshit has been a case of legal but immoral ransomware.
    I really hope the assholes responsible for this lose their jobs when it all backfires for them.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded each pic individually, i don't think you can download a complete "album" with one click ?
    You can from their web site, but in saying that I have a slow internet connection 2 the pc at home so though I would try and download Darren's CV build thread on my phone but could not see the option when using the phone even though it was still using a browser and not an app
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (5th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is everyone else using for pic hosting, is flicker the go ? or something else ? or should i try upload to forum ?

Im going 4x4ing on the weekend, and i intend on dusting off the camera, been a while since ive had it out, of course, here i am assuming i end up with something worth posting (lol)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast