Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Covo71 View Post
    No, didn't bothr sending photos when max was at $7k.
    Really sorry to hear that. If you would like me to arrange for another shot please let me know.

Cheers

Kalen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank so for the offer Kalen, I have a bullbar and winch going on in the next few weeks so will wait till then.
    Cheers
    Scotty

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Covo71 For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (18th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking around for a better policy for my Patrol, I decided to give Club 4x4 a go. The sales rep that I spoke to was very helpful & had my policy sorted in no time. When I rang my current insurer to cancel the renewal they asked why I was changing companies. They were shocked that Club 4x4 could could cover not only my vehicle, but also the mods for around the same money.

Anyway, feel more at ease now knowing that the Patrol, all of its modifications & accessories are now fully covered.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (30th January 2017), Hodge (27th January 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VK2FMIA View Post
    After looking around for a better policy for my Patrol, I decided to give Club 4x4 a go. The sales rep that I spoke to was very helpful & had my policy sorted in no time. When I rang my current insurer to cancel the renewal they asked why I was changing companies. They were shocked that Club 4x4 could could cover not only my vehicle, but also the mods for around the same money.

Anyway, feel more at ease now knowing that the Patrol, all of its modifications & accessories are now fully covered.
    Good stuff! - really glad to hear that we were able to give you what you need.

Glad to have you on board

Kal

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

mudski (30th January 2017), VK2FMIA (30th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Tuesday we have Kallen visiting our club as a guest speaker for our regular meeting, sort of locked this in quite a few weeks ago and now he will be in the Manning next week.

Not sure how it will go for him as there will no doubt be lots of questions and clarifications. But that is his profession so it's up to him how he goes LOL.

Serious though it is a BBQ meet so I will put a beer in his hand and introduce him to our members and he can walk around with them letting them know what Club 4x4 can do as far as insuring their fun buggies.

Really appreciate he can do this and if we can set up a "partner" arrangement they offer a 5% discount... schweeet.

See you next week mate.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Hi Kalen @Club 4x4,

I've just received my renewal notice and have a question for you.

I notice a very slight increase in premium and that's fine. Very modest increase and agreed value unchanged so all good there.

But this year you have introduced a $33 "Policy Fee" which is payable on top of the first month instalment. There was no "Policy Fee" charged last year so not sure what this is or why this is being charged this year? This has just been slid in without explanation. Can you please advise what this is and why you're asking customers to pay an extra fee to renew an existing policy?? This sort of thing does my head in with insurance companies.
    Thanks for asking that @Plasnart. I renewed my Club 4x4 insurance for both Patrol & Tvan today (including the extra remote area recovery option), saw that fee & lazily let it slide without understanding why I was paying it.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (10th March 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all

Macca, very much looking forward to the club talk mate, I appreciate the offer. I like those talks because people do ask the tough questions and hopefully worthwhile answers help us build credibility. Can't wait to catch-up with your club and setting up the partnership is easily done mate. Let's talk on Monday, I may be able to get that going for you before the talk.

Now, referring to the policy fee. This fee went in in December 2015 If memory serves me well, not long after we launched. This is a fee that forms part of Club 4X4's remuneration model.

As a company, we are agents for the underwriter, which is Hollard. We are lucky to have them on board as they have been very supportive given how out of the box the coverage really is in comparison to the market.

They've also been great in allowing us independence in the terms of sales and service and claims management with minimal intervention. This I believe has made our proposition as valuable and attractive to 4X4 enthusiasts as it has been and has contributed to our strong growth.

So, the policy fee helps us sustain some of the administrative costs associated with going to market with the product that we do. It's important to note that this policy fee may change at times guys, but there is always, always recognition around the overall affordability and sustainability of the overall premium which is inclusive for the policy fee.

Our team is also trained to explain that this policy fee is not refundable outside of the cooling off period, if this hasn't been made clear I want to make it very transparent here.

I really do believe we offer a product that is very competitive from a premium perspective, whilst being completely incomparable from a benefit and coverage perspective.

But as always, I am always available directly for feedback.

Kalen

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    G'day all

Macca, very much looking forward to the club talk mate, I appreciate the offer. I like those talks because people do ask the tough questions and hopefully worthwhile answers help us build credibility. Can't wait to catch-up with your club and setting up the partnership is easily done mate. Let's talk on Monday, I may be able to get that going for you before the talk.

Now, referring to the policy fee. This fee went in in December 2015 If memory serves me well, not long after we launched. This is a fee that forms part of Club 4X4's remuneration model.

As a company, we are agents for the underwriter, which is Hollard. We are lucky to have them on board as they have been very supportive given how out of the box the coverage really is in comparison to the market.

They've also been great in allowing us independence in the terms of sales and service and claims management with minimal intervention. This I believe has made our proposition as valuable and attractive to 4X4 enthusiasts as it has been and has contributed to our strong growth.

So, the policy fee helps us sustain some of the administrative costs associated with going to market with the product that we do. It's important to note that this policy fee may change at times guys, but there is always, always recognition around the overall affordability and sustainability of the overall premium which is inclusive for the policy fee.

Our team is also trained to explain that this policy fee is not refundable outside of the cooling off period, if this hasn't been made clear I want to make it very transparent here.

I really do believe we offer a product that is very competitive from a premium perspective, whilst being completely incomparable from a benefit and coverage perspective.

But as always, I am always available directly for feedback.

Kalen

Hi Kalen,

My first policy was taken out late March 2016 with no policy fee. Just seems like the absolute best offer is made to potential customers then repeat customers start copping fees. There's no love felt for staying on. If this was brought to the customer's attention in the cover letter of the renewal instead of just being slipped into the bill it wouldn't be so frustrating to us, and would stand you ahead of the pack in customer's eyes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Hi Kalen,

My first policy was taken out late March 2016 with no policy fee. Just seems like the absolute best offer is made to potential customers then repeat customers start copping fees. There's no love felt for staying on. If this was brought to the customer's attention in the cover letter of the renewal instead of just being slipped into the bill it wouldn't be so frustrating to us, and would stand you ahead of the pack in customer's eyes.
    Hey Plasnart

I would need to check your policy as that sounds really irregular. Also, can you check that it is in you Certificate Of Insurance please as it should be broken down there are part of the financial breakdown.

Putting it in the renewal letter is a good idea mate, but like I said it went in from December, we've missed the cut for renewals from that month.

I'm sorry it comes across as deceptive, it truly wasn't meant to be. We do make it clear at the point of sale, but renewals as you say don't have the same interaction other than the Certificate of Insurance.

Feedback appreciated and noted.

Kal

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
    I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
    I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
    I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

Thanks
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (11th March 2017)

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast