Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take a look mate and PM you.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Clunk (29th January 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    How much would 2 different coloured lids (green and orange) set me back now with shipping to Perth?
    Haven't forgotten you Clunk. We are just having to sort out how to manage requests like these with our 3rd Party Logistics team so packaging is done right.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th January 2019), Clunk (29th January 2019), MudRunnerTD (29th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    Haven't forgotten you Clunk. We are just having to sort out how to manage requests like these with our 3rd Party Logistics team so packaging is done right.
    All good mate, no major hurry as we've chucked on some Dymo labels for now..... But coloured lids are much bettered .........

Oh and the missus has asked when wheels would be available? She like to store the boxes under the table when camping and would be much easier for her drag them out and in from under the table, although I have told her that she no longer needs to do that to keep stuff dry...... But hey, who am I to argue with the logic, I'm just there to lift heavy stuff

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (29th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    All good mate, no major hurry as we've chucked on some Dymo labels for now..... But coloured lids are much bettered .........

Oh and the missus has asked when wheels would be available? She like to store the boxes under the table when camping and would be much easier for her drag them out and in from under the table, although I have told her that she no longer needs to do that to keep stuff dry...... But hey, who am I to argue with the logic, I'm just there to lift heavy stuff
    How is a colored lid better than one with a label

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    How is a colored lid better than one with a label

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Because I don't need to put me glasses on to read a coloured lid

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Avo (30th January 2019), DX grunt (22nd February 2019), Mc4by (30th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had the great pleasure to meet Ben. He's heading south on a sales / show run as far as Brisvegas. Down to earth, true blue gent.
    Unfortunately no knocking back a few coldies this trip but looking forward to doing so in the future.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

Clunk (13th February 2019), FNQGU (12th February 2019), Maxhead (12th February 2019), MB (12th February 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!!!

Glad I dropped in mate. Beers on the return trip for sure!

I have to say, I'm just a bit rooted from the drive, but this is the first foray for us into the animal of shows and expos and cold calls on businesses all the way down the Qld coast from Cairns. And to our surprise, TJM is coming on board with this little project in a big way so far and now nearly every store in Qld is stocking or is about to start stocking the Expedition Boxes! The stores in Darwin, Mt Isa, Cairns (of course), Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, (hopefully Bundy but they about to start moving location), and lastly the Sunny Coast, have all jumped on board and are now stocking the box! What a huge milestone!

I'm thinking i'll just keep driving South till I link up with MB and AB and a few of the Vics on this forum and see what happens in between.

Had the best night in Clermont when after driving out from Townsville to dodge the flooded Burdelkin River, temps hit 39 degrees between Charters and Clermont and ended in the most spectacular lightning storm I have seen in years.
    20190210_133352 by Ben Kincade, on Flickr

Finally made it in to the Clermont Hotel Motel (read bottom pub) where the lovely staff waited up for me and handed me two cold stubbies for the unpack as I looked so tired. Just said it all for country hospitality in my books. Those two beers whilst leaning on the still hot bonnet and watching the fading lightning show at the back of the pub were two of the best beers I'd had in years, and they didn't even charge me a cent for them. Got to love that.

Then drove back up to Mackay via the Peak Downs Hwy and Moranbah and the mining country. This was the first time I've ever done that drive for some reason and I really enjoyed it.
    20190211_064749 by Ben Kincade, on Flickr

The TJM staff at Mackay were absolutely fantastic too. Super interested and genuinely liked what they were looking at. The Manager there, Denette Trueman, was a gem and really appreciated the visit.
    20190211_100634 by Ben Kincade, on Flickr

Next surprise was TJM in Rockhampton where Anthony Lacey and his son Mitchell raised the bar. I hadn't even finished explaining the features of the two boxes i had sitting on the floor when Anthony said he was in. He then palmed it all off on young Mitch to then sort out the details! Awesome! I really do like family businesses in regional Australia!
    20190211_144422 by Ben Kincade, on Flickr

It pissed rain coming into Bundy from Miriam Vale, but I had a coldie with Wes Whitworth at the Railway Hotel. Wes is a writer for the Pat Callinan Group, who is currently doing a long term review of the boxes for the mag, and all was good with the world again. Stayed the night at the Railway. I love old pubs and supporting the regional mob and you never know what you are going to get although I think I was the only soul moving at 5:30am that's for sure...
    20190212_064321 by Ben Kincade, on Flickr

Love traveling. The early mornings are the best in any new town.

And if anyone is in the vicinity of the Moreton Bay Caravan, Camping, Boating and 4wdriving Expo, come say d'gay. I'm on me lonesome on Friday but hope to have some support for Saturday and Sunday. Use the discount code of OpenSky if you are buying tickets. Not that they cost much. About $10 each from memory.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th February 2019), Clunk (13th February 2019), Cremulator (19th February 2019), Cuppa (12th February 2019), MB (13th February 2019), MudRunnerTD (20th February 2019), PeeBee (13th February 2019), Plasnart (13th February 2019), Touses (13th February 2019), Winnie (13th February 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great update Ben, good luck with getting them into more stores.
    We went away to Echuca for the riverboat music festival last weekend and first time taking two expedition boxes away.
    I was very pleased that they stacked well and fitted snugly between the child seat restraint strap and the interior trim in the GU III.
    The wife is now referring to the original grey one as 'the pantry' as we use it for all food and kitchen related travel items.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (20th February 2019), Touses (19th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to our surprise, TJM is coming on board with this little project in a big way so far and now nearly every store in Qld is stocking or is about to start stocking the Expedition Boxes!
    Awesome news Ben, and the rest at OpenSkyTouring, just don't forget the little guys

I'm thinking i'll just keep driving South till I link up with MB and AB and a few of the Vics on this forum and see what happens in between.
    If you travel the long way down to VIC you are more than welcome 2 drop in for a beer or 2 in the Blue Mountains
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (20th February 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moreton Bay Expo

Don't worry, we won't forget the little blokes at all. Despite the somewhat hiked pricing, anyone from the forum can get hold of me directly and we'll work something out.

Didn't manage to get permission from the wife on this occasion to take off and head any further South, but hopefully at some stage...

This was us at the show. No expense spared... Super simple and probably the least prepared of all the exhibitors there, but we learnt a hell of a lot and made some good contacts. By the end of the show we had sold out of the black and orange. Most of these went to people who wanted to combine those colours by swapping the lids, although our neighbours at the show, EzyAnchor, loved the boxes so much they bought a heap for their stock, which certainly helped.

Was amusing though, because on day one, it was blowing a gale, and I had to buy a heap of their guy ropes and drill in pegs, just to keep our marquee on the ground.

Expedition134 Show by Ben Kincade,

Touses - sorry I missed you for a beer on the way home. I got the summoning call to not dither around and took heed of the warning note in her voice...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th February 2019), MB (20th February 2019), NissanGQ4.2 (20th February 2019), rusty_nail (16th April 2019), Touses (20th February 2019)

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast