OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can i put front twin piston calipers from 92 efi into my 91 carby.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ok so im on the right track then, thanks for your help mate. seeya around hopefully.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have rhe clip you need but would be taking it out of a complete caliper which is probably no big deal ro be honest. Going the twins will be best mate.

No master upgrade. Direct bolt. Winner.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep caliper, caliper bracket, disc and backing plate is all you need and it will all bolt straight on
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Yes your twin piston calipers are a direct bolt on upgrade.
    I'll have a look through my spares too mate cos I kept the old calipers so may have those clips. I'd be doing the upgrade if I were you though mate, the difference is insane!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Where did you source your parts from for this upgrade Winnie? I have 1997 model. Would patrol a Part be a good start? Also is it just the caliper and do the pads change as well? Did you do anything to the brake booster?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,387 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Where did you source your parts from for this upgrade Winnie? I have 1997 model. Would patrol a Part be a good start? Also is it just the caliper and do the pads change as well? Did you do anything to the brake booster?
    Brake booster is unchanged. You will need the new calipers, pads and rotors. Make sure you get the bolts for the calipers because they are longer.
    I actually bought mine through the marketplace on this forum about 3 years ago. I saw a set for sale on Facebook in nsw today I'll see if I can find it for you.
    These calipers were only found on TB42 efi Patrols.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Winnie, I am not on facebook so if you do find I hope here is a phone number. What sort of cost?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    yep caliper, caliper bracket, disc and backing plate is all you need and it will all bolt straight on
    yea thank billy backing plate too you say good thing i caught that thats the only thing i haven't pulled of the 92 yet i did notice there a lil different is that like a lil wind scoop on the opposite side to the caliper on the backing plate?.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yer its a little scoop for cooling, the cut out for the caliper is larger as well
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has no relevance to me .............. but this is a good thread.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    yer its a little scoop for cooling, the cut out for the caliper is larger as well
    All those scoops are good for in letting mud. I destroyed two new rotors and new pads a while ago whilst attempting a bog hole. Needless to say I got stuck and stuck good. Zero front brakes for the rest of the day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast