OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 760

Thread: Mudski GU Build Thread

  1. #711
    Expert Cremulator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    441
    Thanks
    1,894
    Thanked 687 Times in 306 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Fark, that made no sense apologies....
    Quote of the year from @MB about @MB!

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

    growler2058 (31st March 2022), MB (1st April 2022), mudski (31st March 2022), Plasnart (31st March 2022), Rossco (31st March 2022)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #712
    SPAMINATOR growler2058's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Shed
    Posts
    23,514
    Thanks
    15,533
    Thanked 12,840 Times in 6,784 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Fark, that made no sense apologies Mark Mate, please do put the hard yards in prepping your steel variants by way of taking them back to basics….coatings be gone for full carbon kinky bondages


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kenoath! Glad I'm not the only one. I got vertigo trying to read that hahaha

    IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

    WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

    MB (1st April 2022), mudski (31st March 2022), Plasnart (31st March 2022)

  6. #713
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,965
    Thanks
    8,074
    Thanked 10,394 Times in 6,053 Posts
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Fark, that made no sense apologies Mark Mate, please do put the hard yards in prepping your steel variants by way of taking them back to basics….coatings be gone for full carbon kinky bondages


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah yeah I was warned about that. I'll be prepping the welded sections for sure.

    Just gotta fix my drill press before I continue.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    MB (1st April 2022)

  8. #714
    Patrol Freak jff45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Morayfield, QLD
    Posts
    1,409
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 968 Times in 577 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, if you're going to put a 2nd piece of angle iron down inside that extension piece, it might be worth cutting a 5-6mm slot on other side so you can weld it to the hub as well.
    John

    2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

    mudski (31st March 2022)

  10. #715
    Moderator MudRunnerTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    15,186
    Thanks
    11,814
    Thanked 13,131 Times in 6,459 Posts
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your front pulley looks like a taper with a left hand thread nut. Clean both tapers and give it a tap when it's back on and tighten the nut. Do you have the nut? If not it should be relatively easy to find one at a specialist bolt or tool store.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

    Mickhead (2nd April 2022)

  12. #716
    Patrol Freak BillsGU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thurgoona
    Posts
    1,183
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 560 Times in 362 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I got out of all that is that MB has been sniffing something. ?????????????

  13. #717
    Expert
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    326
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 117 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just clean up the shaft and pulley 680 locktite I did this years ago still going think its a left hand thread so mine has no nut still goes

  14. #718
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,965
    Thanks
    8,074
    Thanked 10,394 Times in 6,053 Posts
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    Mark, if you're going to put a 2nd piece of angle iron down inside that extension piece, it might be worth cutting a 5-6mm slot on other side so you can weld it to the hub as well.
    Yeah the first one is welded to the hub, then I found another piece of angle. I've only spot welded the RHS in, I'll either grind them out and weld the angle in properly or do it your way.

  15. #719
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,965
    Thanks
    8,074
    Thanked 10,394 Times in 6,053 Posts
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Your front pulley looks like a taper with a left hand thread nut. Clean both tapers and give it a tap when it's back on and tighten the nut. Do you have the nut? If not it should be relatively easy to find one at a specialist bolt or tool store.
    Yeah the nut is long gone, had the thing for maybe 15years and the pulley has never slipped too. I rang a few bolt and tool mobs locally and no one is willing to help. I'll just weld it on.

  16. #720
    Moderator MudRunnerTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    15,186
    Thanks
    11,814
    Thanked 13,131 Times in 6,459 Posts
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah the nut is long gone, had the thing for maybe 15years and the pulley has never slipped too. I rang a few bolt and tool mobs locally and no one is willing to help. I'll just weld it on.
    Just give both surfaces a clean and a rub with scotchbrite or something like an 800 grit. Then clean. Then place the pull on and give it a couple taps with a rubber mallet. If you have an oversize deep socket plate it over the shaft and hit the pulley on using the socket as a 360d press. I'd be very surprised 8f you couldn't get that left hand thread Nut from an All tools or Sydney tools to be honest mate. Maybe not a shelf item but they'd be able to get it in for you. Go in and flip the lid on one of the floor stock drill presses on display. Evolution has not really arrived yet mate. They will likely be the same.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •