OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1415 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 415915131513651405141314141415141614171425 ... LastLast
Results 14,141 to 14,150 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I understand driver's frustration, but even 30 years ago it was deadly out on the roads as a cyclist. I used to ride into Melbourne and back when living in the burbs. I usually took the bike track, which followed a creek, so was 4 ks longer. I used hand signals for turns and didn't run red lights but even then the absolute elitist attitude from many drivers was appalling. I can see @MB side of the coin as living with single lane roads through twisting mountainous country, being clogged with cyclists would be infuriating.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

jack (30th July 2022), MB (30th July 2022), pearcey (30th July 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    Know what you blokes are on about.
    Son 43 years old, never had a drivers license, rides the tredly every where. He`s just headed out the door for a short ride today, some 120 Ks. He rides alone, takes bike paths when he can but here in Adelaide there are not to many .
    At one time he was working the other side of town, some 50 KS for home . His boss at the time lives only 200 meters from our place. He and the boss would leave home around the same time but my son would be at work 10 to 15 minutes ahead of the boss. Same deal on the home ward trip. He rides over a 100Ks most days either on the road or the fancy indoor jigger. I`m the team car driver when he rides the Bupa challenge (always rides this ride and the occasional interstate charity rides ) Been up his arse on quite a few occasions on these rides and clocked him one time at just on 110KPH.
    Back to the bike and scooter stuff . Dosen`t matter what or who, there are idiots out there its just we all have ot take care and NOT get aggressive. Yes I worry a lot when the son is out there especial on the long rides, but he has an app thingy that will phone me and give me co ords if he has a crash. Hopefully it works if things turn to crap.
    Bloody hell… your sons name would not happen to be Steve Austin the bionic man? 110 kph??? Average victorian hell riders cant reach 60 kph 🤪

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

MB (30th July 2022), pearcey (30th July 2022)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 719 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    Bloody hell… your sons name would not happen to be Steve Austin the bionic man? 110 kph??? Average victorian hell riders cant reach 60 kph 🤪
    No mate, just old Pearcey no 2. It was on a long steep downhill, he was in the super tuck and all I could see from behind was his arse LOL. Have got it on the Go-pro somewhere. He`s on an electronic program called Strava which takes all your ride details and you compete against others on certain road stretches. They post up every bodies times and if your the quickest ,you own the KOM untill some one breaks it. Also cheating on this program is some what difficult.
    He held the KOM on a certain stretch of road close to home,, only a short 1.5 Ks long. his speed was just over 80 KPH BUT he did cheat, Slip streamed a semi. He held that KOM for some six months.
    his biggest problem is drivers not indicating when at round abouts, folks don`t seem to use the left rear view mirror
    Also, he does ride a bit of flash kit.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

jack (30th July 2022), MB (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we should create a seperate thread Gentlemen:

“what scared the shit out of you today”

In second place for me on our specific in/out mountain roads to the Higher Country is returning P platers at 80kmph with 6” lifts and no sway bars.

They must in cab see their wheels are licking the double white lines on corners but don’t understand their roof racks are some 300mm leaning over nearly clipping our Cab-over trucks mirrors

You guessed it, GQ wagons, have had a solid 3 in twelve months scares myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

jack (30th July 2022), rusty_nail (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Think we should create a seperate thread Gentlemen:

“what scared the shit out of you today”

In second place for me on our specific in/out mountain roads to the Higher Country is returning P platers at 80kmph with 6” lifts and no sway bars.

They must in cab see their wheels are licking the double white lines on corners but don’t understand their roof racks are some 300mm leaning over nearly clipping our Cab-over trucks mirrors

You guessed it, GQ wagons, have had a solid 3 in twelve months scares myself

That's gold mate. Couldn't help myself to have a giggle at that

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MB (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has made you Angry Today???????

FWIW: The Ultimate ‘crapped my dacks’ moment on our little highway was a trucks trailer spare tyre incident.
    80kmph myself in the GQ ute, right hand long sweeping corner with Armco guardrails, nowhere to go.
    Oncoming unladen Semi-trailer lost its spare from underneath, rear of the trailer jumped up over the spare some 1.0m oncoming left onto my side of the road, still 50m away thankfully.
    A guesstimated 60T Modern B Double quarry Professional Hauler was directly behind the Semi and somehow managed to high speed wiggle his own trailer lock ups between the vertical embankment to his left and by that time my GQ ute licking paint off the Armco railing.
    WhyTF anyone would want to ride a Bicycle on this road let alone walk it astounds Nuffy Me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (31st July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So there was a big call out on thr weekend on alot of thr Victorian Rescue pages to help a couple of blokes stuck down track in the Wombat State Forrest....

The bloke posting said his 2 mates had been stuck for 2 days and 1 night and had broken their winch anf were desperate for help. All seems reasonable.

So the location of these 2 cars was published and noted by many that they were actually on Closed Tracks and should not be there in the first place. Everyone basically said, Track Closed, recovery illegal, no insurance, risk a fine. Call a Professional Recovery company because you are on your own... (a little disappointing but I get it) if i was close and my GQ was going I'd have gone and got them no probs.....

Soooo. This Escalated Quickly!!!!

Faarken Dogs!!! I hope they go to Jail. I hope the owners see their cars again.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd August 2022), Hodge (3rd August 2022), MB (3rd August 2022), mudnut (3rd August 2022), PeeBee (3rd August 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has made you Angry Today???????

I’ve been on Faceache for some 50 years, still can’t fully trust a word any 0 says :-)
    EDIT: Validate/Validation is the Sesame Street ‘word of the day’ Legends

Last edited by MB; 3rd August 2022 at 07:57 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (3rd August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    So there was a big call out on thr weekend on alot of thr Victorian Rescue pages to help a couple of blokes stuck down track in the Wombat State Forrest....

The bloke posting said his 2 mates had been stuck for 2 days and 1 night and had broken their winch anf were desperate for help. All seems reasonable.

So the location of these 2 cars was published and noted by many that they were actually on Closed Tracks and should not be there in the first place. Everyone basically said, Track Closed, recovery illegal, no insurance, risk a fine. Call a Professional Recovery company because you are on your own... (a little disappointing but I get it) if i was close and my GQ was going I'd have gone and got them no probs.....

Soooo. This Escalated Quickly!!!!

Faarken Dogs!!! I hope they go to Jail. I hope the owners see their cars again.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Something's NQR here. If these rigs were stolen, why weren't they abandoned as they lay? Don't get me wrong, nothing in my view is lower than a bloody scumbag thief, but even scum like that would have just walked away from this shit show and not spent 2 days and 1 night trying to recover. I don't quite get it.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd August 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McWeird Hey Plassy

Page 1415 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 415915131513651405141314141415141614171425 ... LastLast