OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Is it worth having a brand new spare injection pump "just in case" - GU ZD30DDTi??

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it worth having a brand new spare injection pump "just in case" - GU ZD30DDTi??

Hi guys,

I recently had a non-start issue on my GU Patrol ZD30DDTi (2002 my) due to a failed blue 100 AMP glow fuse connector.
    Before I got it sorted myself thanks to this forum, I had loads of suggestions from local mechanics thinking of injection pump and injectors... So I started looking for a replacement IP and eventually found one, brand new re-conditioned by a reputable company in Spain from which I had bought an AC compressor for my other truck (Isuzu Trooper) and their products are recon at very high standards and come with a 2 year warranty.

So, now that I sorted my problem, costing me 20 Euros (I'm in France), I am just wondering if it is worth still buying that new IP which comes with a 2 year warranty (therefore reliable as they claim using only original Bosch parts to rebuild the pumps) to have it as a spare one at home, in case one day my IP fails.

The pump costs 930 Euros (roughly $1,500 AUD) including the spare part deposit. Obviously if I do buy it, I will have to forget the deposit.

What do you guys think? Is it really worth it to have a spare one for my Patrol or is it just kinda waist of money?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And if your current IP fails in 2 years and 1 month you will be fitting a new IP with no warranty.

1 million percent a waste of coin.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

geoffayres (12th October 2021), MudRunnerTD (12th October 2021)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    And if your current IP fails in 2 years and 1 month you will be fitting a new IP with no warranty.

1 million percent a waste of coin.
    I meant the 2 year warranty was "proof" of reliability so I wasn't quite concerned if it was to fail after that period.
    But you're 100 per cent right, total waste of money and I could do better use of it
    Cheers mate!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's probably overkill.

Just food for thought, I have started running a fuel additive to control water and algae to help protect the pump and injectors over time.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollenface View Post
    I think that's probably overkill.

Just food for thought, I have started running a fuel additive to control water and algae to help protect the pump and injectors over time.
    Any advice for a good additive? Heard some owners add 500 ml of 2 stroke engine oil per full tank to help lubricate the pump. Never tried tho.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuel doctor is my additive of choice, made in Australia. Not sure what would be available in France.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

Hodge (14th October 2021)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fuel doctor is my additive of choice, made in Australia. Not sure what would be available in France.
    That's what I've been using for years. Swear by it !

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've quite a few brands up here, will compare with fuel doctor and see what matches best. You guys have plenty of good stuff in Australia and a wonderful country!