Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tell you one thing I am loving is the auto belt tensioner, super easy to operate and with that single belt a dream to 'set and forget'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Ooh nice one glad there is an easy solution. Remember when i dropped my motor in with new turbo looked like it wouldn't fit at all and hit the chassis, a bit if a oh s#!t moment enough to crush the old spirits. . . Always good to walk away sometimes and come back with a fresh head lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Too true Rossco, but this one, despite the headaches and twists is what i do for a living, sorting out nightmares and getting stuff done, however am more used to having a team of lateral thinking trades guys to fine tune my path to success. Without them, it just is a series of smaller problems making up the bigger one and takes a bit longer. Off to site for a fortnight tomorrow then its ancilliary services hook up and bleeding the beast. I am going to look at all that extra cabling and might end up clipping most of it and starting again. I have to build an airbox yet so its going to be another busy roster break for sure. My only real potential 'oh s88t' moment is around the radiator to fan hub clearance, as this is a new higher flow water pump with a modified duramax fan blade assy - blades sit back from the fluid coupling, but have seen one guy in a GU having to machine the fins off the front of the fluid coupling to get more clearance. I gave some dimensions to BD of what I know is a workable clearance but who knows if they were listening or not - wont take long to find out though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Rossco (17th July 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Mixed day today. S/C on, after having to redrill all the mount holes 3mm larger. Then bonnet would not close. The directive from Brunswick Diesel was I needed a 1" body lift, so after checking with engineer, did the lift, installed the kit and now they say i need a 2" lift to clear the snout. Speaking with VASS engineer tomorrow to suss out my options.
    Throttle control has turned into a fiasco, neither Bullet or Brunswick can tell me how it should be configured, with cruise control, so no doubt have to sort this myself, along with all the additional parts and stuffing around to get 'all the bits' - no plans - NFI pack of turkeys. In fact Bullet and Brunswick, can't run them down enough - but thats the end of the rant. I will sort it out without them. Sicks of the lies.Attachment 78908
    Which holes did you have to drill out?
    Mine went on with out dramas.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Which holes did you have to drill out?
    Mine went on with out dramas.
    Every single hole that mounted onto the heads. I tried with 'as supplied' and managed to get 4 bolts in, after setting the gaskets and phenolic plates up with all 8 bolts installed with clamp nuts to hold the gaskets down as they went off. I then opened them up from 12.2 to 13.5mm, and still could not get the two front bolts to align so finally went up to 15mm. No idea what the deal was, Bullet was contacted and they said to expect some holes to need opening up, also spoke with BD, most of his fit ok, the odd one needs a chaser. Anyway its all locked down and the alignment looks fine, will see how it runs. Next step is hooking up the hoses etc

Where are you up to?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering what size bolts either of your donks are using? Could very well be wrong but seem to recall reading online years ago that in later models Napstar or AM General maybe designed in thinner bolts somewhere to allow more meat on the casting edges. Very well could have been reading about the P400 girdle bolts though, not intake bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Just wondering what size bolts either of your donks are using? Could very well be wrong but seem to recall reading online years ago that in later models Napstar or AM General maybe designed in thinner bolts somewhere to allow more meat on the casting edges. Very well could have been reading about the P400 girdle bolts though, not intake bolts?

I think they are referring to stud in the girdles. The majority of my 'larger bolts were M10 from memory, but not sure about the crank bolts. I found the US Military download manual really useful at times also. When you get back home Mark, a couple of photos of the Injector pump and cable connections would be appreciated.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (19th July 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go @PeeBee mate.
    Tis a bloody disgrace currently under there, please don’t judge me & me NA twactor :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's filthy Markie, is she up and running yet? ? . .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MB (19th July 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She never stopped the old gal mate, just in line awaiting her time for @matfew to finish home under mezzanine lighting for further leak down testing without headlamps:-)
    Truth be known I’m a slacker and are thoroughly enjoying having commandeered the old family stocky GU back after current days bolting fully sic cheapo turbos onto bandaid Acco’s :-)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Rossco (19th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh nice one hopefully put a bit more spring in its step. . Saw it down there in its new livery looks very sharp. .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MB (19th July 2019)

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast