Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Key remote reset?

Hi,

I have just paid a locksmith an obscene amount of money to try to program my key remote locks. He was not able to program more than 1 key.

I know, and he told me that I should be able to have up to 4 keys with remote locking controls. But alas, this is not the case.

I have 3 spares, each can be individually programmed to work, but as soon as you add another one, the first loses its connection with the receiver.

So, I am suspecting that the receiver itself is faulty and may need to be reset.

Has anyone experienced this, and have you been able to fix it?

(Just to be sure, I am referring to the remote door locking, not the starting of the car. That is ok with all 3 keys)

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of threads here on that topic. In short the Nissan remote locking is expensive and DOES NOT WORK. An aftermarket alternative is cheap and works every time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

mudski (25th February 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill.
    I have scoured thru the threads and Google, I could only find stuff about reprogramming the remote FOB on the key.
    My problem is that I can only get one remote to work at a time, where I should be able to get 4.

The locksmith said I need to reset the receiver in the car itself, not the FOBs. Does anyone even know where this device is hidden?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps leaving the battery disconnected overnight might have that effect?? Just a thought as it clears error codes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to trev zd30 For This Useful Post:

neilo99 (25th February 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Neilo

The factory Remote Receiver boxes are fine.
    Its the crappy remotes themselves that have really weak signals. (basically dirty gets under the button but they kinda sealed so you soak in wd40 overnight but I dont think it works well)20180225_115005.jpg

Now basically he is doing an extra step that is cancelling the other remotes. Do not do step 6.

If I was you and myself have been through this. Buy the following remote (works with factory reciever. no installation required) and the signal is amazing.
    I can remote lock up to 50 metres away.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-P...AAAOSw-09aNYFo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drgtr For This Useful Post:

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Trev. I had considered that, but I dont think it makes sense that the receiver would need to be reprogrammed after power loss. The flash memory usually holds its state for many years.
    Have you tried doing that yourself?

I would think there would be factory reset button or something somewhere.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Hey Neilo

The factory Remote Receiver boxes are fine.
    Its the crappy remotes themselves that have really weak signals. (basically dirty gets under the button but they kinda sealed so you soak in wd40 overnight but I dont think it works well)20180225_115005.jpg

Now basically he is doing an extra step that is cancelling the other remotes. Do not do step 6.

If I was you and myself have been through this. Buy the following remote (works with factory reciever. no installation required) and the signal is amazing.
    I can remote lock up to 50 metres away.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-P...AAAOSw-09aNYFo
    Thanks. Those are the instructions I used. Im pretty sure its not the remote. I can get one programmed and it works from 50m away. I can do the same with the original Nissan remote as well.
    I just cant get more than one programmed at a time. Each time I add a new one, it becomes the only one that works.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neilo99 View Post
    Thanks. Those are the instructions I used. Im pretty sure its not the remote. I can get one programmed and it works from 50m away. I can do the same with the original Nissan remote as well.
    I just cant get more than one programmed at a time. Each time I add a new one, it becomes the only one that works.
    Did you skip step 6?
    Step 6 seems like the one that cancels the remote

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neilo99 View Post
    Thanks Trev. I had considered that, but I dont think it makes sense that the receiver would need to be reprogrammed after power loss. The flash memory usually holds its state for many years.
    Have you tried doing that yourself?

I would think there would be factory reset button or something somewhere.
    No mate I have not.

I’ve only ever programmed one remote at any one time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to trev zd30 For This Useful Post:

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Did you skip step 6?
    Step 6 seems like the one that cancels the remote
    Yea. If I skip step 6 it will just program the one you are working and delete any previous ones.
    If I dont skip step 6 (i.e. try to add another one) it does nothing and cancels all remotes, leaving nothing working. Doing step 6 should add new remotes and delete the oldest (according to the locksmith). But it doesnt do that for me. The locksmith tried for hours and failed, eventually told me to go t the manufacturer.

Thing is, I have already spent $108 on two new remotes, $66 to get both cut, $160 for the locksmith to code the chips and fail to program the remotes. So I am out $334 already. So going to Nissan is going to cost me more again!
    Last edited by neilo99; 25th February 2018 at 07:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast