OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1219 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 21971911191169120912171218121912201221122912691319 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,190 of 14466

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    And to think the Myki system cost over $1.5b (yep, 1.5 BILLION taxpayer dollars) to develop! And now after 10 years they're talking of phasing it out. What a farce.

In Sydney you can still walk up to a ticket machine, swipe your credit card and pop, out comes ya ticket. Not that hard really.
    u sure about that mate? they run the opal system up there, i thought you couldnt buy single fare tickets anymore up there.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    The cheek of some people...
    In the spate of recent fires across a lot of Vic high country, and a lot of areas locked out, there is some arrogant self centred comments l across Facebook and other social media in regards to closures and the long weekend coming up.
    Comments like "Why did they shut that track or camp ground , it's kilometres from the fires!?".
    Or the one that ticked me right off I saw earlier ...
    "Labour Day weekend coming up , ya recon they'd ramp up the effort a bit more to clean it all up ."

If this isn't spitting into the fireys or volunteers faces I don't know what is !
    Some people live under a rock I tell ya. And it's this very group of people that would be the first ones to cry if push came to shove out there , why weren't they saved by the CFA !!

Rant over. Beer time...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    one of the higher reasons this forum is the only social media i am on now days. there are mostly sensible people on here... mostly... and mostly lunatics too, but sensible lunatics lol
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Hodge (7th March 2019), NissanGQ4.2 (8th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 Times in 3,370 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    u sure about that mate? they run the opal system up there, i thought you couldnt buy single fare tickets anymore up there.
    Yeah I know the Opal is in operation but a couple of years ago I caught a train from the airport to Circular Quay easily with my credit card. And also from CQ to the airport so presumed the option was still available for tourists, etc. Might have been slightly dearer without the Opal card but was easy peasy.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the higher reasons this forum is the only social media i am on now days. there are mostly sensible people on here... mostly... and mostly lunatics too, but sensible lunatics lol
    Ditto. Was just explaining to the other half the other day(she doesn't understand why I'm on here all the time haha).. Generally the people that make up this forum are here to help others out in a positive way.. generally people on Facebook are negative dicks and I want no part of it ha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (7th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easy fella,xlunks ok in small doses

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (7th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,342 Times in 3,164 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the spate of recent fires across a lot of Vic high country, and a lot of areas locked out, there is some arrogant self centred comments l across Facebook and other social media in regards to closures and the long weekend coming up.
    Comments like "Why did they shut that track or camp ground , it's kilometres from the fires!?".
    "Labour Day weekend coming up , ya recon they'd ramp up the effort a bit more to clean it all up ."

If this isn't spitting into the fireys or volunteers faces I don't know what is !
    Some people live under a rock I tell ya. And it's this very group of people that would be the first ones to cry if push came to shove out there , why weren't they saved by the CFA !!

Rant over. Beer time...

Maybe open those camps to those particular numpties, and then they'll realise pretty quickly that a spot fire can start up to thirty kms (proven a couple of years ago) from the main front. LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant over. Beer time...

Its the same people that live in a bushfire prone areas and don't set up 2 defend and then blame the vols and everyone else for losing there house when a fire comes through, I was a member in a Blue Mountains FB group where I live, we are all located in bush fire prone area's here also but there was so many double standards from admin I got kicked out for pushing the boundaries of their rules so started my own group up

My house is only the cnr of it that backs onto bush so not really flame zone but certainly ember attack, I only have about 15 thousand litres of water storage and have roof sprinklers, fire pump hoses etc, one neighbour that backs onto me has nothing but backs entirely onto the bush and my other neighbour that also backs directly onto the bush has an above ground pool at a rough guess 50 thousand litres of water and also has nothing in place if a bushfire comes through. End of the day because they wont protect themselves I'm more at risk
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah I love going onto FB and arguing with with people, it's the only reason I stay on it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (8th March 2019)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,094 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Its the same people that live in a bushfire prone areas and don't set up 2 defend and then blame the vols and everyone else for losing there house when a fire comes through, I was a member in a Blue Mountains FB group where I live, we are all located in bush fire prone area's here also but there was so many double standards from admin I got kicked out for pushing the boundaries of their rules so started my own group up

My house is only the cnr of it that backs onto bush so not really flame zone but certainly ember attack, I only have about 15 thousand litres of water storage and have roof sprinklers, fire pump hoses etc, one neighbour that backs onto me has nothing but backs entirely onto the bush and my other neighbour that also backs directly onto the bush has an above ground pool at a rough guess 50 thousand litres of water and also has nothing in place if a bushfire comes through. End of the day because they wont protect themselves I'm more at risk
    It's scary, some people just don't know.
    The lot of people that aren't happy that forestries shut a lot of areas way out of the fires diameter zone because they can't camp there for long weekend. They amuse me.
    If that wind turns ... Game over.

2005 TD42TI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (8th March 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's scary, some people just don't know.
    The lot of people that aren't happy that forestries shut a lot of areas way out of the fires diameter zone because they can't camp there for long weekend. They amuse me.
    If that wind turns ... Game over.

Yep game over for sure, same people I argue with saying just because the fire is 20 - 30 k's away doesn't mean you are safe, given the right conditions its game over, but they will argue the point that its 30k's away and their is no issue regardless. Just talking 2 farktards plain and simple, which will always amuse me

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (8th March 2019)

Page 1219 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 21971911191169120912171218121912201221122912691319 ... LastLast