Thread: Hey, and a quick question.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, and a quick question.

Hey fellas, I'm sure I've done one of these introduction things before on here.... But I can't use the search function for some reason... Or see any pics posted in threads WTF?!
    I've been a lurker of these forums for years and had dramas signing up for the longest time.
    I've owned 5 or so GQs and spent countless $$$ modifying them. These include 3 TD42 wagons, one shorty converted to TD42, a stroked 383 chev powered wagon (an absolute beast with 500+ HP) a TB42 wagon and my most recent acquisition, an immaculate 97 rx RB30 powered wagon which I picked up for peanuts ( this thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor). Just lucky this time around, right place and the right time. Plans for this one are to swap engines keep the 2 inch lift and All terrains and leave it stock looking aesthetically.
    The current engine I suspect has done a head gasket and it is also carburetted. The replacement motor is a RB30 from a VL commodre with fuel injection, so that's going in then rebuild the stuffed engine for some big horsepower via a couple of turbos. Just got the new wagon and engine home today so I've already begun ripping the cooked donk out, exciting stuff.....

I was originally intending on converting this to a Ford Barra engine and turbo setup, but as fate would have it a RB30 popped up for sale the day I was heading home at a good price so I couldn't pass it up. I've seen some big horsepower come from these little RB30s and thought I'd give it a whirl first and do the Barra conversion on another GQ down the track.

Anyway, enough gas bagging.
    How do I get access to pics etc. It is driving me nuts!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sfrrob View Post
    Hey fellas, I'm sure I've done one of these introduction things before on here.... But I can't use the search function for some reason... Or see any pics posted in threads WTF?!
    I've been a lurker of these forums for years and had dramas signing up for the longest time.
    I've owned 5 or so GQs and spent countless $$$ modifying them. These include 3 TD42 wagons, one shorty converted to TD42, a stroked 383 chev powered wagon (an absolute beast with 500+ HP) a TB42 wagon and my most recent acquisition, an immaculate 97 rx RB30 powered wagon which I picked up for peanuts ( this thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor). Just lucky this time around, right place and the right time. Plans for this one are to swap engines keep the 2 inch lift and All terrains and leave it stock looking aesthetically.
    The current engine I suspect has done a head gasket and it is also carburetted. The replacement motor is a RB30 from a VL commodre with fuel injection, so that's going in then rebuild the stuffed engine for some big horsepower via a couple of turbos. Just got the new wagon and engine home today so I've already begun ripping the cooked donk out, exciting stuff.....

I was originally intending on converting this to a Ford Barra engine and turbo setup, but as fate would have it a RB30 popped up for sale the day I was heading home at a good price so I couldn't pass it up. I've seen some big horsepower come from these little RB30s and thought I'd give it a whirl first and do the Barra conversion on another GQ down the track.

Anyway, enough gas bagging.
    How do I get access to pics etc. It is driving me nuts!
    @AB @mudrunner @Woof any ideas folks?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, are you using a computer or mobile?
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @AB this one is for you mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,342 Times in 3,164 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. The RB30 has proven to be a top motor for sand driving as you have a couple of thousand RPM advantage over a TD or TB. One bloke on here has fitted an RB25 or RB28 with great results. I'm looking forward to reading your build thread.
    Last edited by mudnut; 13th January 2019 at 12:44 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate. I'm new here too and looking forward to chatting and sharing info on these awesome cars.
    Cheers,

John

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, yes more info please.

Using a computer or phone and what browser are you using?

Do you not see any pics at all or can you see a grey box where a pic should be, etc?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate and welcome to the forum.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you believe it? The pictures in threads work now. I don't get it! 😁
    I will keep you'll updated on progress.