OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1318 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 31881812181268130813161317131813191320132813681418 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,180 of 16491

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0znpJ8mE48

I love these guys. They sing about some dark subjects but do it in a really cool way. Also their talent is on display when they can just stand in someones back yard with no computers or amplifiers etc and sound awesome. Its not for everyone. But I amd liking it more and more....
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldcomfort For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2019), mudnut (11th February 2019), Touses (11th February 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laid down the cash for our new camper trailer.
    Pick up Wednesday lunchtime.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2019), mudnut (11th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My daughter and partner were moving house over the weekend. Much planning and forethought gone into it and everything ready to go. Im driving one truck and another being driven by a pro driver, her partners work friend. Friday afternoon, phone call. The workmate will drop off the truck but can’t help load as he has to go to football. Ok we can get around this, but her partner and me the only males available to help. Friday night another call, she’s in tears, the $1250 they transferred from one account to another has gone missing in the bank and they have had to use credit to get access to the new house. Credit card is charging huge interest and bank says they can sort it within a few weeks. Dad (me) into the cash in hand for Patrol mods and stuff and pay out the credit card so they not getting hit high interest. Sat morning, we start loading but her partner has to go and deposit the cash to the credit card mob. Me and mum and daughter work on. Me and the missus are both 65+ so a bit slow at loading. Then the good bits start to happen. My employee mechanic turns up in the my work truck, “ I heard you needed some help”. He stays all day and I flick him $100 as that is all I had after the credit card thing. Then the partner gets back from the bank and the bank have found the money that went astray in the first place. They didn’t say this until after he had deposited the cash however, so that will be refunded on Monday. Sunday morning, back into it. We had broken its back on Saturday, as well as our backs, so just the light stuff left. Missus and me were supposed to be going on a river trip in the afternoon, to celebrate out 46 wedding anniversary. Tour company rings up and tells us the trip is cancelled as they didn’t have enough people and we would be refunded. Pressures off so we finalised the move about 4:30 yesterday. Now all they have to do is find the TV remotes and other bits and pieces. So why am I putting this in the “happy” column? Because despite Banks, Credit card companies, pro truck drivers and tour companies stuffing nearly everything up, the missus, daughter, her partner my employee and me managed to get a plan B up every time and complete the job. Absolutely amazing mob of people in my opinion, especially my daughter, as she had put so much planning into this it would have been enough to send some people into depression I think.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Avo (12th February 2019), jack (11th February 2019), MB (11th February 2019), mudnut (13th February 2019), Plasnart (11th February 2019), rusty_nail (11th February 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    My daughter and partner were moving house over the weekend. Much planning and forethought gone into it and everything ready to go. Im driving one truck and another being driven by a pro driver, her partners work friend. Friday afternoon, phone call. The workmate will drop off the truck but can’t help load as he has to go to football. Ok we can get around this, but her partner and me the only males available to help. Friday night another call, she’s in tears, the $1250 they transferred from one account to another has gone missing in the bank and they have had to use credit to get access to the new house. Credit card is charging huge interest and bank says they can sort it within a few weeks. Dad (me) into the cash in hand for Patrol mods and stuff and pay out the credit card so they not getting hit high interest. Sat morning, we start loading but her partner has to go and deposit the cash to the credit card mob. Me and mum and daughter work on. Me and the missus are both 65+ so a bit slow at loading. Then the good bits start to happen. My employee mechanic turns up in the my work truck, “ I heard you needed some help”. He stays all day and I flick him $100 as that is all I had after the credit card thing. Then the partner gets back from the bank and the bank have found the money that went astray in the first place. They didn’t say this until after he had deposited the cash however, so that will be refunded on Monday. Sunday morning, back into it. We had broken its back on Saturday, as well as our backs, so just the light stuff left. Missus and me were supposed to be going on a river trip in the afternoon, to celebrate out 46 wedding anniversary. Tour company rings up and tells us the trip is cancelled as they didn’t have enough people and we would be refunded. Pressures off so we finalised the move about 4:30 yesterday. Now all they have to do is find the TV remotes and other bits and pieces. So why am I putting this in the “happy” column? Because despite Banks, Credit card companies, pro truck drivers and tour companies stuffing nearly everything up, the missus, daughter, her partner my employee and me managed to get a plan B up every time and complete the job. Absolutely amazing mob of people in my opinion, especially my daughter, as she had put so much planning into this it would have been enough to send some people into depression I think.
    We did the same weekend before last, but we got smart and got our daughter to get a man with a van. $425 for 2 trips. She mentioned that is was expensive, we didn't mention it was cheaper than the 2 nights accommodation we had to pay for so we could come down and help out.

She always seems to move when it's 35 degrees +.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (11th February 2019), MB (11th February 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea, I forgot to mention that
    She always seems to move when it's 35 degrees +.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moving house sure sorts the mates from aquaintances ay? Sounds like youve got a ripper bloke there with your employee mechanic. Well done all round I reckon!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (11th February 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like youve got a ripper bloke there with your employee mechanic.
    yea top bloke. helped him out a bit when he was starting out and he has taken loyalty a long way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (11th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yea top bloke. helped him out a bit when he was starting out and he has taken loyalty a long way.
    Got yourself a keeper there!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (11th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Packed up now, early off in the morn for a fish...not too many around up the mtns...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

Avo (13th February 2019), GQtdauto (12th February 2019), MB (13th February 2019), mudnut (13th February 2019), mudski (14th February 2019), PeeBee (13th February 2019), Rossco (12th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tee'd up a job interview today. Been unhappy at my current job for a while now and bit the bullet and applied for a few jobs last night. Got a call around midday today from someone I applied with. I'm still able to continue my apprenticeship with them, and it's far more in the direction I want my career to head. First time in months I have been excited about something work related.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th February 2019), Bidja (15th February 2019), Clunk (17th February 2019), jay see (19th February 2019), MB (14th February 2019), mudnut (14th February 2019), mudski (14th February 2019), Plasnart (14th February 2019)

Page 1318 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 31881812181268130813161317131813191320132813681418 ... LastLast