Thread: TB42E Throttle Body

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42E Throttle Body

Am I right in thinking that the butterfly in the TB42E throttle body is not meant to have a hole in it? I have a high idle issue that is doing my head in. Cant find any vacuum leaks or any other common issues that cause this problem.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it mate, Got a pic?

I assume you have checked the gasket between the throttle body and the manifold?
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I doubt it mate, Got a pic?

I assume you have checked the gasket between the throttle body and the manifold?
    Yeah all is good. Can get a pic when I get it from work tomorrow. All I can find on the interwebs indicates no hole. But I am idling at 1400. Timing about 10 degrees and tps at 0.4v. Can't find any vacuum leaks anywhere. Is doing my head in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    Yeah all is good. Can get a pic when I get it from work tomorrow. All I can find on the interwebs indicates no hole. But I am idling at 1400. Timing about 10 degrees and tps at 0.4v. Can't find any vacuum leaks anywhere. Is doing my head in.
    Yeh I had a look on the net and got the indication of no hole, I can rip mine apart tomorrow if you need me 2 and have a look.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be awesome if you could mate. I have about a 4mm hole in mine. Before I replaced the motor it ran fine as people know. But I am at an absolute loss at the moment.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, Just undoing 2 bolts and a couple of hose clamps I swore plenty of times, so hope it helps in some way.

92EFI, although I cant see it been different in other year models

20190209_081340.jpg

First time I've open the bonnet in years, at least the rats are enjoying the Patrol

20190209_082221.jpg20190209_082232.jpg
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 9th February 2019 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet mate. Appreciate it. Yeah I have a hole in the butterfly just below the 2 screws. Hopefully if I block it in some way the idle drops right down. Why are you not using the truck mate? Or just giving your local wildlife a home.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    Sweet mate. Appreciate it. Yeah I have a hole in the butterfly just below the 2 screws. Hopefully if I block it in some way the idle drops right down. Why are you not using the truck mate? Or just giving your local wildlife a home.
    After years of it being off the road I finally convinced the missus for me 2 put the petrol guzzler back on the road, Had a few things 2 do for it 2 pass blue slip and was getting through the list when I managed 2 snap the last splug of in the head, tried to easy it out etc but it wouldn't budge. Mechanic gave it a go and got it 2 budge a little and then he couldn't get it any further, so parked it back up and is now rusting away and housing the local wildlife

Mind you this was 2 so years ago

I really should part it out as I won't even make the money back I spent rebuilding the qear box if I sold it complete but can't be bothered.

Anyway back 2 yours, can't unscrew the 2 screws, take the butterfly off and get a local fab shop 2 weld the hole ( or do it yourself )?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    After years of it being off the road I finally convinced the missus for me 2 put the petrol guzzler back on the road, Had a few things 2 do for it 2 pass blue slip and was getting through the list when I managed 2 snap the last splug of in the head, tried to easy it out etc but it wouldn't budge. Mechanic gave it a go and got it 2 budge a little and then he couldn't get it any further, so parked it back up and is now rusting away and housing the local wildlife

Mind you this was 2 so years ago

I really should part it out as I won't even make the money back I spent rebuilding the qear box if I sold it complete but can't be bothered.

Anyway back 2 yours, can't unscrew the 2 screws, take the butterfly off and get a local fab shop 2 weld the hole ( or do it yourself )?
    Put a rivet in it to get it home lol. Has not been driven in the past few years after neglecting it and corroding a hole in the water jacket between 5 and 6. Got a 2nd hand motor and through that in. Just drove it home from my workshop and had it coughing, spluttering and popping through the air box. Just managed to get it home. Need someone with patrol motor experience to help me sort it out. Maybe need to upgrade and put all the gu goodies I have in mine into a new one.