OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1601 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 60111011501155115911599160016011602160316111651 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,010 of 16522

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Couldn't be worse than the old Simpson tents

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    We were so proud of the tents until it rained haha, bloody dazzaster!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MB (7th October 2022), Rossco (7th October 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advice given without prompt received verbally over the phone earlier today (strange in this day & age) from our newfound engine builder. TD42T OEM crank from Nissan Japan has finally docked only in a container into Melbourne Victoriastan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (7th October 2022), mudnut (12th October 2022), Rossco (8th October 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does a third party engine builder know more about incoming Nissan OEM goodies?
    Still waiting on 4 x 88C OEM Thermostats from our local SP -Nissan nearest dealer with zero updates after 10 weeks pre-paid upfront

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudski (12th October 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely Stoked, Black-Top Old 27YO Faithful TD42 is finally going to be hopefully proper ‘T’ rebuilt ready tomorrow afternoon. Passed all cast tests still apparently So glad I’ve got an open environment work Navara steel flat tray with 60mm of rain incoming tomorrow
    Might have to postpone excited collection

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bidja (12th October 2022), BrazilianY60 (13th October 2022), Cremulator (13th October 2022), mudnut (12th October 2022), Plasnart (13th October 2022), Rossco (13th October 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    How does a third party engine builder know more about incoming Nissan OEM goodies?
    Still waiting on 4 x 88C OEM Thermostats from our local SP -Nissan nearest dealer with zero updates after 10 weeks pre-paid upfront

Why 4 of them?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (12th October 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Why 4 of them?

Because there is 3 other people whom understand that a stable 92C closest possible variation on a healthy TD42 OEM radiator system is OK……In My Nuffy Tested Findings/ Disclaimer

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (13th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,022 Times in 3,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw this and thought of @MB .

You're a passive-aggressive old fart mate!! The poor little snowflakes are now feeling offended by the thumbs-up emoji!

https://www.news.com.au/technology/g...d0ff2a5316a23c

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (14th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t open that link Plassy but WTF ?! Offended by thumbs up EMOJI ?! - 1st of all its an emoji, 2ndly what’s offensive about that? Is it deemed to masculine or something? Seriously I’ve had an absolute guts full of the politically correct soft sensitive new age f@#n soft cocks these days. Don’t get me started.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th October 2022), MB (14th October 2022), pearcey (13th October 2022), Plasnart (13th October 2022), Rossco (13th October 2022), Touses (13th October 2022)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    I can’t open that link Plassy but WTF ?! Offended by thumbs up EMOJI ?! - 1st of all its an emoji, 2ndly what’s offensive about that? Is it deemed to masculine or something? Seriously I’ve had an absolute guts full of the politically correct soft sensitive new age f@#n soft cocks these days. Don’t get me started.
    You farken tell 'em Sprocky. I subscribe to you fully on this...

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg
    2005 TD42TI

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MB (14th October 2022), Plasnart (13th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,022 Times in 3,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    Here it is mate. Just make sure the cat's not around when you read it or it'll probably get a kick in the guts!!

Buckle up — cancel culture has officially come for emoji.

Gen Z declared that the thumbs-up emoji has a “rude” meaning and should not be used in any conversation.

After one user posted on Reddit that they’re “not adult enough to be comfortable with the thumbs-up emoji reaction”, several young people chimed in to cancel other common emoji — and revealed why they should never be used.

The thumbs-up emoji gives off a passive-aggressive and even confrontational air, according to Gen Zers, who were born between 1997 and 2019. Several even claimed that they felt attacked whenever it’s used.

One 24-year-old attempted to sum up the argument by saying the thumbs-up emoji is “hostile” and is “definitely a not nice thing”.

“For younger people (I’m 24 for reference) the thumbs-up emoji is used to be really passive-aggressive,” they wrote. “It’s super rude if someone just sends you a thumbs up. So I also had a weird time adjusting because my workplace is the same.”

The anonymous office worker chalked it up to a “generational communication culture difference.”

“Everyone my age in the office doesn’t do it, but the Gen X people always do it,” they wrote. “Took me a bit to adjust and get out of my head that it means they’re mad at me.”

The poster explained a thumbs-up “is usually a response if the other person is being rude or annoying or stupid.”

Several Reddit users agreed with the decision to cancel the emoji, saying that using it in a work environment makes the team members “unaccommodating” and seem “unfriendly.”

“I understand what you mean, my last workplace had a WhatsApp chat for our team to send info to each other on and most of the people on there just replied with a [thumbs-up emoji],” one commenter said.

“I don’t know why but it seemed a little bit hostile to me, like an acknowledgment but kind of saying ‘I don’t really care/am not interested’? Don’t know if that’s the way you feel but I got used to it in time and I’m just as bad for sending a thumbs up now.”

“It’s not that odd to see it as passive-aggressive,” another chimed in. “Just imagine how would it feel to go into your boss’ room, say something, and then see him turn to you, look you in the eye, and [give a thumbs-up].”

Other generations seemed confused by emoji etiquette. “So it’s like a sarcastic thing? Man I’m getting old lol,” one wrote. “What the kids do, is not what everyone else adopts. It’s not passive-aggressive at all that I’ve seen, it seems to be a younger generational thing,” added another.”

Business consultant Sue Ellson told the Daily Mail that it could take time for the older generation to fall in line.

She explained that words are always better than symbols in a professional environment, and the LinkedIn expert can see how people would become disillusioned with just an icon.

“Predictive systems can type a word like ‘Thanks’ in two clicks after a while,” said Ellson. “It feels like people are ‘too lazy’ to type a written response and it doesn’t provide clarity as to next steps.”

“Do you mean: ‘Yes, I will do something,’ ‘OK, I agree,’ or is it just confirmation that you received the message?” she added.

On Reddit, some were less offended by the thumbs-up emoji but felt the heart symbol was actually the most inappropriate.

“To me, the heart is reserved for friends and family, and has a more intimate meaning of love, while thumbs up is just simple agreeing,” commented one person. “I actually find a heart emoji weird for work messages. I use heart emojis for things like when someone says ‘I got a new kitten,’ or ‘Susie did a really great job,’” added another.

But the heart may, too, be falling out of fashion. A survey of 2,000 people conducted by Perspectus Global showed that a majority of people between the ages of 16 and 29 believe that you are “officially old” if you use thumbs-up or heart emoji.

The official list of “cancelled” emoji includes: Thumbs-up, Red Heart, “OK” hand, Checkmark (or the Tick), Poo, Loud crying face, Monkey covering eyes, Clapping hands, Lipstick kiss mark, Grimacing face.

But one Reddit user, who classifies herself as part of an older generation, defended her emoji use, saying that she likes using the thumbs-up emoji “because it means many things.”

“It means ‘I approve’ or ‘I understood and will obey’ or ‘I agree,’” she wrote.

“If anything, my only objection would be that some days it might be hard to tell which one it means,” she offered. “But it is generally pretty clear.”

“It’s just a way to say ‘i’ve read your message and have nothing add and I hope and pray to all the god all the bazillion people in this group chat have nothing to say on it too,’” defended another user.

Several studies regarding emoji have been conducted, including one that suggested that including emoji in work emails actually makes you seem less powerful in your career.

Another study suggested that using the infamous eggplant emoji is actually a major turn-off when it comes to dating.

If you made it this far Sprocky, well done. Please don't kick the cat!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th October 2022), MB (14th October 2022), pearcey (13th October 2022), Touses (13th October 2022)

Page 1601 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 60111011501155115911599160016011602160316111651 ... LastLast