Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash Camera

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don`t bother with the ones from 4wd Crapcentre. While they are 1080p they struggle in changing light conditions & the GPS tracking is all over the place. Got one for Xmas 2 years ago, glad I didn`t fork out any money for it otherwise I`d be asking for a refund.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I bought a dash camera from Jaycar. Installed it and it would start get ready to record and then shut down. Got a refund and walked away.
    Had a similar situation (but not Jaycar): unit was powered from 'accessories' so started OK with key on waiting for glow plugs to heat up, but when I started the vehicle it would power down because 'accessories' is turned off during start. When power was returned by restoring the key to 'on', the unit was still powering down and would not recognise the re-application of power so just stayed off. Completely repeatable, but supplier claimed no-one had ever reported this problem.
    Fixed it by running it from 'ignition' rather than 'accessories'.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Blackvue....
    In my Patrol ute I have Blackvue and in my driving school car I have a Thinkware.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

mudnut (24th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brissieboy View Post
    Had a similar situation (but not Jaycar): unit was powered from 'accessories' so started OK with key on waiting for glow plugs to heat up, but when I started the vehicle it would power down because 'accessories' is turned off during start. When power was returned by restoring the key to 'on', the unit was still powering down and would not recognise the re-application of power so just stayed off. Completely repeatable, but supplier claimed no-one had ever reported this problem.
    Fixed it by running it from 'ignition' rather than 'accessories'.
    It had power on all the time, it was just defective straight from the factory. The 'Q.C.' guy must've had a hangover that day he tested it.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    It had power on all the time, it was just defective straight from the factory. The 'Q.C.' guy must've had a hangover that day he tested it.
    Sorry mudnut, I wasn't trying to explain your issue - just explaining an unusual issue I had with mine. Similar only because they both powered down.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

mudnut (24th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brissieboy View Post
    Sorry mudnut, I wasn't trying to explain your issue - just explaining an unusual issue I had with mine. Similar only because they both powered down.
    No worries.

We had a bloke on here a while ago that had a similar problem with his aftermarket display unit. I think he solved the problem by using a relay / relays with a normally closed contact.

When he had the ignition switch on the Acc and On it had power to the relay and supply side of the contact and when he started the engine, the relay lost power, the normally closed contact supplied power to the unit whilst the engine cranked. It was wired so there was no power to the contact with the ignition in the off position.
    Last edited by mudnut; 24th December 2018 at 02:11 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VK2FMIA View Post
    Don`t bother with the ones from 4wd Crapcentre. While they are 1080p they struggle in changing light conditions & the GPS tracking is all over the place. Got one for Xmas 2 years ago, glad I didn`t fork out any money for it otherwise I`d be asking for a refund.
    Yeh Only had a quick test of my cheaper today think it kinda struggled also in changing light, not even sure if it has GPS tracking but my question is what has GPS tracking got 2 do with a dash cam? I didn't buy a dash cam for a security device.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I've just bought 2 of these, not sure if they are any good yet as they are xmas present 2 myself and the missus

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Dash-C...U/152929519299

Depends on what ya after I guess
    So installed my 70 buck camera this morning after the kids opened their presents, didn't read any instructions, set the date and time and that's about it, I was in a rush...... Yeh a 500 buck camera may capture a bit better but as I said depends what you want.

I captured some farktard driving 50, 60 ,70, 80kph in an 80 zone, all over the place , on the brakes hard in a slight corner for no reason, I swear if he wasn't pissed as a fart he really needs 2 hand his license in. I don't know if he was looking at his phone beside him or up his passengers skirt if she had one on as he certainly was not paying attention 2 the road in front and was constantly turning his head towards her

I cracked it and over took when I could safely before I had 2 witness him crashing into a telegraph pole, not for the fact I gave a shit that he did, but I know my partner would not let me just pull over, call him a farktard and drive off again which I would of done.

I'll try and upload a vid 2morrow.

Merry Xmas @Mc4by
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (25th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh Only had a quick test of my cheaper today think it kinda struggled also in changing light, not even sure if it has GPS tracking but my question is what has GPS tracking got 2 do with a dash cam? I didn't buy a dash cam for a security device.
    I should have said GPS logger. It was supposed to record your tracks along with the footage. Came with a program to use on a computer that bought up your track on Google Maps as you viewed the footage.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (26th December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So installed my 70 buck camera this morning after the kids opened their presents, didn't read any instructions, set the date and time and that's about it, I was in a rush...... Yeh a 500 buck camera may capture a bit better but as I said depends what you want.

I captured some farktard driving 50, 60 ,70, 80kph in an 80 zone, all over the place , on the brakes hard in a slight corner for no reason, I swear if he wasn't pissed as a fart he really needs 2 hand his license in. I don't know if he was looking at his phone beside him or up his passengers skirt if she had one on as he certainly was not paying attention 2 the road in front and was constantly turning his head towards her

I cracked it and over took when I could safely before I had 2 witness him crashing into a telegraph pole, not for the fact I gave a shit that he did, but I know my partner would not let me just pull over, call him a farktard and drive off again which I would of done.

I'll try and upload a vid 2morrow.

Merry Xmas @Mc4by
    What a great way to test out your new toy. I look forward to seeing if you got some good footage.

I have been looking at the Uniden iGO 80 and it is now down $50 for boxing day.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast