OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Licola meet up 2016 need numbers today!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Yes definitely keen for this again this year - I'm waiting for a few things to fall into place at home and I should be able to confirm soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately I'm out for the Licola trip this year. It's been confirmed that that weekend is my daughters birthday party.

Judging by the amount of snow that was in the area on the weekend, you'll be in for a great trip for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm getting excited, I put my leave form in today, can't wait to get down there is gonna be excellent!!!

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Chappy (15th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I'm getting excited, I put my leave form in today, can't wait to get down there is gonna be excellent!!!

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string
    I'm the same, I'm really looking forward to this as I've only seen the snow a few times in my life.
    Do you guys think it will be best to run the 33s or 35s?
    '96 GQ TD42t

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just spoke to Licola and the neighbouring farm up from cabin 1 has a lot of wood available from fallen trees.

The farmer is ok for us to access his farm, close gate behind you of course so happy days!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Chappy (16th June 2016), mudski (16th June 2016), rusty_nail (16th June 2016), Winnie (16th June 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Just spoke to Licola and the neighbouring farm up from cabin 1 has a lot of wood available from fallen trees.

The farmer is ok for us to access his farm, close gate behind you of course so happy days!
    So @Rossco. Ya here that? Bring your chainsaw brother. Or I could bring my little chinese special.

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I'm the same, I'm really looking forward to this as I've only seen the snow a few times in my life.
    Do you guys think it will be best to run the 33s or 35s?
    If they are both muddies, maybe the 33's will suffice. I don't know what tracks we will be able to do as most will be closed. So it might mainly be a sight seeing weekend. But I only have 35inch muddies so they will be going on. Or I could leave the 33inch AT's on for some slippery loving. lol.
    Last edited by mudski; 16th June 2016 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post

Sounds like my little Stihl will be getting a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So @Rossco. If they are both muddies, maybe the 33's will suffice. I don't know what tracks we will be able to do as most will be closed. So it might mainly be a sight seeing weekend. But I only have 35inch muddies so they will be going on. Or I could leave the 33inch AT's on for some slippery loving. lol.
    Both muddies. I'll probably just leave the 33s on, it's nice not having to worry about the boys in blue..
    '96 GQ TD42t

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chappy For This Useful Post:

AB (16th June 2016), rusty_nail (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So @Rossco. Ya here that? Bring your chainsaw brother. Or I could bring my little chinese special.
    Gonna be in the desert enjoying some warmth☺, still jealous tho kinda spewing missing out on the snow, but the desert is going to be AWSOME! ! Might have to try and sneak in a litte trip to some local snow sometime this winter. AB can grab me saw if he likes don't think I'll be needing it. . .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Gonna be in the desert enjoying some warmth☺, still jealous tho kinda spewing missing out on the snow, but the desert is going to be AWSOME! ! Might have to try and sneak in a litte trip to some local snow sometime this winter. AB can grab me saw if he likes don't think I'll be needing it. . .
    Hahahahahahaha! Ummmmmm.... No mate, you will not. I saw a vid this morning on FB that was taken last week between Finke and Mt Dare that was BOG. It was the same when i was though there in 2010. expect really Heavy Mud mate. air down and stick to the tracks no matter what. straight through the water bud there is a solid road under there somewhere. attempting to go around can lead to disaster unless there is a very well used diversion. Plow on through. You will have fun.

Note also my friend. When i did the Madigan in July i woke up at Camp 6 and the Temperature outside was -1.5 and the Temperature inside my fridge was +1.0. It will get Very Fresh up there bud. Have a great time. Look after each other. it could be a real Slog.

Also make sure someone in your group has a chainsaw as the wood on the ground is very hard and scarce. collect wood whenever you se it from 10am onwards for the nights fire, you might not see any more that day!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (16th June 2016), rusty_nail (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hahahahahahaha! Ummmmmm.... No mate, you will not. I saw a vid this morning on FB that was taken last week between Finke and Mt Dare that was BOG. It was the same when i was though there in 2010. expect really Heavy Mud mate. air down and stick to the tracks no matter what. straight through the water bud there is a solid road under there somewhere. attempting to go around can lead to disaster unless there is a very well used diversion. Plow on through. You will have fun.

Note also my friend. When i did the Madigan in July i woke up at Camp 6 and the Temperature outside was -1.5 and the Temperature inside my fridge was +1.0. It will get Very Fresh up there bud. Have a great time. Look after each other. it could be a real Slog.

Also make sure someone in your group has a chainsaw as the wood on the ground is very hard and scarce. collect wood whenever you se it from 10am onwards for the nights fire, you might not see any more that day!
    Cheers Daz, really looking forward to it now it's gong to be epic. Yeah expecting it to be wet and a potential slog can't wait should be a real adventure. Was expecting nice days but cold nights. Wasn't going to bring a saw but might take my little arb saw. From memory they weren't allowed last time, however if your doing other travels surely can't be too much of an issue to have one with you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (16th June 2016), Sir Roofy (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    do you mean to say ill have to wash my truck after this

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th June 2016), Rossco (16th June 2016)

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast