OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 924 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4248248749149229239249259269349741024 ... LastLast
Results 9,231 to 9,240 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey, that extra 1” ladder lift makes easy access to betterer knock off quick brewski platforms :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (6th November 2019), FNQGU (6th November 2019), Hodge (5th November 2019), Plasnart (6th November 2019), Winnie (5th November 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes one wonder, how many new yuppies tree changing are telescopically ready for the hills top performances :-)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (5th November 2019), jay see (5th November 2019), mudski (5th November 2019)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    The old girl finally shed a few needed Titan drawer GVM pounds!
    Well done good Mark !

I have long wanted to ditch those draws. 80ish kg of space wasted could be better utilised IMO.
    I'm somewhat commited as my aux powerhouse is there with a shortened draw. Something I'd have to re-engineer somewhere else...

2005 TD42TI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MB (5th November 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t get me wrong Hodgey old mate, they are relatively tough and have served our needs for some 5++ cheap as chips paddock years for tools too in reality needs.
    Our time for a proper family trip again and GVM legalities learnt here are of personal serious concern.
    World’s gone a bit soft I agree by 1kg but our Mansfield boys know them iPaddy ropes in hand too good now :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (5th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well after 13 years the GUIV finally had a front sway bar again!!!

Ghee it has made a difference. Corners are much flatter.

Thanks to @RustyNails for the links. Winner mate. They are perfect length with drop boxes.

Note for those playing along at home though, I had a spare set of radius arms that I fitted new bushes too a few months ago and just swapped them out. Well bugger me, they are GQ arms and a GQ runs a smaller sway bar and this meant the mounts where smaller too and the hole spacing was way smaller. Nothing a die grinder didn't fix, ground out the bracket to the limit and made them fit....Just.

Also finally fitted the secondary fuel filter and catch can. Had these for over a year and after a number of hours spent trying to place them under the bonnet I had given up. Today I finally worked out a way.

Nailed it! Very happy.

Lastly, spent a few hours trawling the manuals and Google trying to figure out a Tacho fault and engine light fault. Isolated the the Crank position sensor. This bloody thing!

Will call patrolapart and see if they sell second hand before blowing $300 damn it.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (6th November 2019), Hodge (6th November 2019), MB (5th November 2019), mudnut (5th November 2019), mudski (6th November 2019), Rossco (6th November 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD,, hey Darren, interested in the details around the bonnet gas struts. Any chance of some pics of the mounts, maybe some mount dimensions and a model number on the gas strut? Now is the perfect time for me to do this whilst clearing all the cables. Anything would help to save some precious time. thanks

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Don’t get me wrong Hodgey old mate, they are relatively tough and have served our needs for some 5++ cheap as chips paddock years for tools too in reality needs.
    Our time for a proper family trip again and GVM legalities learnt here are of personal serious concern.
    World’s gone a bit soft I agree by 1kg but our Mansfield boys know them iPaddy ropes in hand too good now :-)
    I'm hearing you all the way Marky! They're definitely the best bang for buck draws out there that are tough as nails.
    But farkin' heavy. And that goes for most draw systems out there. I've never been a fan of it, tbh. I just threw a set in the GU cause I scored one for a carton.
    I like the convenience. But constant GU weight bearing in the rear and losing out on so much room is a downfall.

These expedition tubs setups are starting to grow on me though.
    2005 TD42TI

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (6th November 2019), MB (6th November 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I'm hearing you all the way Marky! They're definitely the best bang for buck draws out there that are tough as nails.
    But farkin' heavy. And that goes for most draw systems out there. I've never been a fan of it, tbh. I just threw a set in the GU cause I scored one for a carton.
    I like the convenience. But constant GU weight bearing in the rear and losing out on so much room is a downfall.

I do agree these are heavy, but I love them. I keep all tools and parts in one draw and food in the other. Fridge is on top and caged, and while there little room left, its enough. But everything is safe and secure. And my wine and whiskey are bubble wrapped and stashed in the side pocket areas too!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (6th November 2019), Rossco (6th November 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post

That's where the idea came from mate - the weight compromise of the drawer system and then not being able to throw kids bikes in the back of the wagon anymore. Now I have a big pod setup where it all comes out in ten mins and I can still take a load of rubbish to the dump. Yep, there are still compromises (especially with the vehicle itself), but the pod is what it is all about.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (6th November 2019), Hodge (6th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I do agree these are heavy, but I love them. I keep all tools and parts in one draw and food in the other. Fridge is on top and caged, and while there little room left, its enough. But everything is safe and secure. And my wine and whiskey are bubble wrapped and stashed in the side pocket areas too!
    Yeah I'm another fan of drawers one of the best things done to 4by 4 sure, love em. Each to their own can be a very personal thing when it comes to packing lol. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (6th November 2019), mudski (6th November 2019)

Page 924 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4248248749149229239249259269349741024 ... LastLast