Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42 Carby Insulator

Hi All,
    I have been rebuilding the Carby and reassembling at the moment, the insulator between the throttle body and the main body had no gaskets when removed. The rebuild kit came with 2 gaskets, do I put one each side of the insulator or leave them out as it was when disassembled. I am concerned that it may be too thick with 2 gaskets and the insulator and cause running issues, if it was between the carby and the inlet manifold I feel it would be less of an issue but because it is between 2 sections of the carby I'm unsure if it will have any impact. Appreciate any input or advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MickMc View Post
    Hi All,
    I have been rebuilding the Carby and reassembling at the moment, the insulator between the throttle body and the main body had no gaskets when removed. The rebuild kit came with 2 gaskets, do I put one each side of the insulator or leave them out as it was when disassembled. I am concerned that it may be too thick with 2 gaskets and the insulator and cause running issues, if it was between the carby and the inlet manifold I feel it would be less of an issue but because it is between 2 sections of the carby I'm unsure if it will have any impact. Appreciate any input or advice.
    I don’t know much but in brisbane I have had nothing but top advice from Northside Carburettors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nowlzy, I will give them a call and see if they can help.