Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Understood, However I also have the option with the other insurer with adding a $$value for the accessories so I can select the agreed value of 76000 plus 10k of accessories.

Most of the ones I have been looking at are basically stock, some have a bullbar and towbar while others only have a towbar.

Quote# 4453321
    Ok let me have the original quote looked at the determine if we can do something more on the vehicle itself.

What's the year model and mileage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2013 Y62 TI-L. This particular one has 90,000km on it.

This may change though depending on my thoughts when inspections are taken place.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2013 Y62 TI-L. This particular one has 90,000km on it.

This may change though depending on my thoughts when inspections are taken place.
    Ok thanks. Will look into it and come back as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Very prompt response.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Club 4x4

Kalen

I have just done another online quote as the first vehicle fell through. The vehicle we are now purchasing has a higher buy price but I can still only have a maximum agreed value of the actual buy price. I do like some of your guys options but its just not quite competitive yet.

Regards

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Club 4x4

Kalen

I have just done another online quote as the first vehicle fell through. The vehicle we are now purchasing has a higher buy price but I can still only have a maximum agreed value of the actual buy price. I do like some of your guys options but its just not quite competitive yet.

Regards
    G'day Newby

Sorry about the delayed response. Thanks for the feedback. It might be worth your while calling us to ask for a higher value.

Tell them Kalen sent you from the Patrol forum

Kalen

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going through a claim with Club4x4 for a minor incident the missus had last week in the Pajero. She was backing out of a drive and reversed into a car parked on the street. The damage is around the $1500 mark, minor scratch to the Paj but she busted a tail light and dented the guard on the other vehicle, which is a Nissan Pathfinder.

I find it odd that we are both required to get a copy of our driving record from the police. Unfortunately this can't be done online in WA and requires a visit to the local cop shop and a fee of $25.60 each, which will be reimbursed by Club4x4. I haven't had a lot of insurance claims in my life, but don't recall ever having to get my driving record before. Is this normal, do most insurers ask for this? I would have thought they would have access to driving records as a usual part of their business?
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I'm going through a claim with Club4x4 for a minor incident the missus had last week in the Pajero. She was backing out of a drive and reversed into a car parked on the street. The damage is around the $1500 mark, minor scratch to the Paj but she busted a tail light and dented the guard on the other vehicle, which is a Nissan Pathfinder.

I find it odd that we are both required to get a copy of our driving record from the police. Unfortunately this can't be done online in WA and requires a visit to the local cop shop and a fee of $25.60 each, which will be reimbursed by Club4x4. I haven't had a lot of insurance claims in my life, but don't recall ever having to get my driving record before. Is this normal, do most insurers ask for this? I would have thought they would have access to driving records as a usual part of their business?
    I would have thought that drivers records would have been checked, if needed at the time of signing up for the policy, not when the first claim is made? maybe I'm misreading this?
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    I would have thought that drivers records would have been checked, if needed at the time of signing up for the policy, not when the first claim is made? maybe I'm misreading this?
    I guess anything can happen between the time you sign up and the time you may make a claim, so it's reasonable to check the records at the time of the claim. I just found it strange that we have to provide the history and they couldn't look it up in their online systems? I would have thought there would be some sort of central system that all the insurers could access to check details like this?
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi stevemc181,
    I believe it's common practice by most insurers unless you've been with them for quite a few years.
    It's definitely used by a lot of the internet based insurers that advertise on TV.
    Part of the premium you are quoted depends on your driving/claims history, unfortunately not everyone is honest when they sign up.

Disclaimer: I have no association with Club 4x4
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

stevemc181 (24th July 2017)

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast