OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the difference between Snake Racing and Superior Engineering opinions ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the difference between Snake Racing and Superior Engineering opinions ?

I have been compering the two brands and I have received conflicting opinions whats your thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what parts are you looking at?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely love my GU ‘Superior’ ute coily steel plate brace, has served me very heavy well!
    Unsure of your specific question here FP mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both make quality Products although Superior has gone a little Production Run quality. Snake you will pay a premium for but both are very good. I dont think Superior use factory bushes regardless of what they write on the web site, their bushes are sh1t.

Really will come down to the specific product you are chasing mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little off track, possibly relevant? In regards ‘all’ industries rubber compounds I believe comes down to exclusivity contracts. Mobs like ‘Rosta’ in our specific game locked down Euro forests years ago and still cannot be beaten on synthetic substitutes I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have alot of Superior gear. Granted, when I bought most of mine their products were almost made to order as the business was very small. I had a bad customer service issue snake and have never been back since.
    I regularly read about flogged out bushes with superior gear. Most of comment based on little understanding of why. Just purely blaming the bush quality and disregarding anything else.
    I've flogged out a good few bushes (OEM, aftermarket it doesnt matter) in my ute over the years mainly the drivers side diff end radius arm bushes. Why, because I have/had alot of travel. I'm pushing the factory configuration well past what the Nissan engineers designed it to do. The front end on a Patrol doesn't flex because of the amount of separation between the bushes at the diff end. The bushes will be forced to their workable limit quicker than a toyota or land/Range rover, which have less separation and more flex like for like. People keep pushing the extremities of the factory configuration and get upset when stuff fails
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

mudski (25th July 2018), the evil twin (26th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at a 3 or 4 inch lift and and I am just trying to balance quality compared to budget, roadsafe products seem to be good but I have only heard of poeple useing them in panhards,draglinks stuff like that, but the have stock for nearly everything else, them some say tuff dog lift components are good some say they are rubbish so I was just looking at snake racing and superior to see which is the best cor me or should I mix my components and not stick to the one brand

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My GQ is Superior everything.. all good kit. All my GUIV is Superior too. I have a couple of bits of Roadsafe and cant fault it either.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If money is limiting your decisions, just buy the best you can afford now and then, as money permits, upgrade the lesser quality parts.
    I remember when I did my 4inch lift, I made up a spreadsheet with my total $$$ I was to spend and just made up various kits and then decided on what was going to be the best for me.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got offered a 3 inch lift kit for $2650 3 inch Ride Pro springs and 4 inch shocks, Tuff dog front and rear panhards, superior drop box and extended brake lines,I can not remember if there were extended link pins in there as well, I only need them fir tge back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast