Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No adjustment left on my rear panhard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    How did they know what weight you are carrying in the first place? That is info you would have had to give out.

Do you still have the instructions for the bump stops that you can post. It makes sense to have the drivers side offset in and passenger side offset out, because of the way the rear end cycles
    There was a check sheet when I ordered the parts online about what was attached to the vehicle, like the front having winch bar and winch or the rear having draws, batteries,swing away arms so forth but they said they would ring and discuss springs raits, but when I said I never received a call about it like they said they would, they said that it was not needed as I have given them more info then most people do
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...670g70tGy8ogZS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Do all Utes run the H260 diff because I was told that these diffs were out of a Ute and yet it has 11 studs holding it in.
    H260 is the larger diff so they are 12 bolt. And as far as I am aware. Utes ran H260’s, but they have a different axle spline count to the H260 wagons. For some reason.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    H260 is the larger diff so they are 12 bolt. And as far as I am aware. Utes ran H260’s, but they have a different axle spline count to the H260 wagons. For some reason.....

Well don't I feel stupid I was talking to the wreckers about a GVM upgrade and he was telling me the different amounts that the diffs can carry and he told me that the Ute diffs can carry the most weight, so he told me that he sold me Ute complete diff assembles and it is written on my reciept I didn't think anything about it until I read some posts about the diffs being bigger and I got to thinking about it
    Last edited by First Pooy; 18th April 2020 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Utes only ran H260 in the rear of the leaf sprung utes. These were a full floating setup I believe. All coil spring utes ran the H233 diffs.
    The coil sprung H260 came in some wagons but is a semi floating arrangement. Hence the different spline counts across the 3 different rear diffs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

mudski (19th April 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Utes only ran H260 in the rear of the leaf sprung utes. These were a full floating setup I believe. All coil spring utes ran the H233 diffs.
    The coil sprung H260 came in some wagons but is a semi floating arrangement. Hence the different spline counts across the 3 different rear diffs.
    Is there any difference between a coil waggon diff to a coil sprang Ute ?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah my 2001 Wagon came out factory with the H260. Wish it didn’t sometimes. It’s that bit bigger and I’m always the one who gets hung up in the deeper ruts.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there any difference between a coil waggon diff to a coil sprang Ute ?
    Only the coil spring h260 is different. The h233 diffs are all the same as far as I'm aware. A coil ute gvm is really not much more than a wagon. I'm pretty sure coil utes only had a gvm of 3150 and max tow rating of 2500.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update I finally got to talk to someone at Superior who knew what they were talking about and confirmed finally that they have provided the wrong panhard to me, ffs how many times did I contact them just to be told that I was wrong grrrr he said that I was provided with poor advice no shit they need to retrain their people,I told them over and over again that I had a Gu set up underneath and it fell on deaf ears he said that parts underneath are different and it is a essentialy a Gu underneath well I bloody told them that over and over again, now thay have admitted it the next fight is how to get it fixed, I don't care if I put it in over a year ago I rang up the day I put it in saying it was wrong and since then they kept telling me that is was right.

And with the spring problem apparently it is the right set up for off road performance but not for legal purposes even though I told them I wanted a 3 inch legal lift kit that just fell on deaf ears,superior said if you need the spring captivated for legal purposes then that is up to me to fix they will not swap the springs over, for a well known company they just keep shifting me I am so lucky, I must of killed someone in a past life to have this crap happen over and over again.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure where you are from but here in Vic a 3 inch suspension lift is not legal. In any way. Unless you have it engineered. So I can see their point on that.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update I finally got to talk to someone at Superior who knew what they were talking about and confirmed finally that they have provided the wrong panhard to me, ffs how many times did I contact them just to be told that I was wrong grrrr he said that I was provided with poor advice no shit they need to retrain their people,I told them over and over again that I had a Gu set up underneath and it fell on deaf ears he said that parts underneath are different and it is a essentialy a Gu underneath well I bloody told them that over and over again, now thay have admitted it the next fight is how to get it fixed, I don't care if I put it in over a year ago I rang up the day I put it in saying it was wrong and since then they kept telling me that is was right.

And with the spring problem apparently it is the right set up for off road performance but not for legal purposes even though I told them I wanted a 3 inch legal lift kit that just fell on deaf ears,superior said if you need the spring captivated for legal purposes then that is up to me to fix they will not swap the springs over, for a well known company they just keep shifting me I am so lucky, I must of killed someone in a past life to have this crap happen over and over again.
    Looking on the website, there seems to be 3 different units. 1 for GQ's, 1 for GU utes and Pre 01/2000 wagons and 1 for GU wagons from 01/2000 to current.
    Do you know which one you were given?

Edit. If and when you get a new one, get a measurement of the panhard and compare it before you rip the current one out.

With the springs. Your are trying to get bulk travel, load carrying capacity and a fairly low lift with off the shelf items. Something will have to be compromised. That's your issue. Sell the ones you have and try again.

I went through 6 sets of springs before I found a set I liked.
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 30th April 2020 at 08:13 PM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast