The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,286 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    So took the GQ over to Cornell Diesel in Sunshine West (fair mission lol) the other day. Anyway since last tune haven't been entirely happy with it and was lacking pull from idle up to about 1200 revs. Also cold start had always been a bit rough on this pump (12mm one) and seemed to be quite a bit worse lately stalling on a couple of occasions and blowing plumes of white unburnt diesel even when it wasn't freezing cold.

Just got it in for a diagnosis at this stage and they found fuel looked very sus with most likely water contamination, said it looked like creek water. Pretty weird only thing I can think of is dodgey servo which could have been anywhere between Vic & WA. Anyway upshot is tanks need pulling out, draining and flushing, pump most likely needs a rebuild and injectors could be suspect too. Need to have a think weather is worth pursuing with this pump or just replacing with another unit such as UFI. Also obviously whole thing will not be cheap can do some stuff myself to keep costs down or look at insurance maybe. . .

Also thought oil feed was leaking on block but looks like one of the exhaust studs is leaking which needs to be fixed too. . . Ah the joys of tinkering with cars

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Apart from that. Whats your thoughts with Cornells? I know they did wonders with my old SD33T I had years back.... Im soon to book mine in with AG Diesel, only because thats where my pump came from and they are close to work.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Apart from that. Whats your thoughts with Cornells? I know they did wonders with my old SD33T I had years back.... Im soon to book mine in with AG Diesel, only because thats where my pump came from and they are close to work.
    Yeah good so far, have been very up front about everything. The place is pretty impressive is absolutely immaculate and a pretty big setup. Apparenty AG sold the business and the new guys aren't as good but that was just one person's opinion so don't know bout that one?

Not sure if i feel dodgey or they would be s#itty if I got another pump and got them to install it. Would go UFI. Did mention it breifly the other day didn't seem too pissed off lol . .

Will definitely upgrade filtration after all this, the water sensor on the filter is the only thing that isn't hooked up as part of the conversion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry Rossco. This is terrible news. The fuelmiser water separator is very attractive after this. Very popular for touring and i see why if this is the end result.

I cant imagine they would care if you buy a UFI pump or one of theirs, you wont be the first person to do that.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (1st September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Daz, how you finding your pump and setup, happy with it so far?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,751 Times in 8,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before you lash out mate, get the tanks flushed and all lines drained.

For sure pump has issues but would be interested to see how it performs after that first and maybe another tune and diagnosis.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah maybe need to make some decisions Monday. Looks like this pump probably needs a rebuild at this stage which will be close to the price of a new pump. They're gonna quote some stuff up by then hopefully, see what happens. .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

AB (1st September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah maybe need to make some decisions Monday. Looks like this pump probably needs a rebuild at this stage which will be close to the price of a new pump. They're gonna quote some stuff up by then hopefully, see what happens. .

Loving it mate. I dont drive it much but when i do im inclined to flog it.

Ig a rebuild is close to a new one your better to buy new i reckon as you will get $500 to $1000 for your 12mm suit rebuild for sure!! Sell it on dacebook mate!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So bit of an update, tried putting in an insurance claim for fuel contamination but didn't go too well. . You need a receipt from where the dodgey fuel came from, who keeps fuel receipts and crickies knows where it came from have filled the thing up a zillion times halfway across Australia. . . Anyways got Cornells to flush & treat tanks which is good thing anyway add sub tank was a little dodgey from the days it was a dual fuel tank so good to get that sorted. Ordered a new injector pump from United which arrived today. . .

This is what happens when you work with your partner and they send it with the price sticking up on the invoice. . Busted lol .

Going to pick the thing up then install myself to save some dollars then get back for tune.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

AB (25th September 2018), MB (25th September 2018), MB TD42 (1st October 2018), rusty_nail (26th September 2018), Winnie (25th September 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's snazzy can't wait to get this thing going. Assuming .65 - .7mm is the timing for it. Also glad I've got the fuel system sorted, will definitely sort out filtration for this thing too. What is a good system to use, don't know a huge amount about whats out there?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (25th September 2018), MB (25th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work Rossco mate, reckon @PeeBee mate might have some top filtration tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Rossco (25th September 2018)

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast