Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HR trucks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Hey Dom, I usually stay out of these things as more people usually just means more opinions and no answers. In this case though ill offer the following opinion. Your idea about "resting" your hands and not using both hands on the wheel is a bad idea, not just in an emergency situation. In my opinion, if you are "resting" your hands, you are probably also "resting" the rest of your body including your brain, thus increasing your reaction time, potentially making a minor incident, like a sudden jar from the road, or a tyre blow out into and emergency while you try and figure out what happened and then get your hands onto the wheel to correct. It is not only speed that plays a part in this as you quote the example of F1, but all driving when you may encounter a sudden change of condition, as a tyre blow out , or off road in a descent or ascent when a drop off or large rock can change your direction unless you are both mentally and physically ready to react. Falling off the track off road at 2km per hour can kill you as effectively as driving off the track in F1 at 200km per hour. In other words you really should be as alert and ready to react in all driving conditions, and not "resting" behind the wheel. I have been driving for 50 years and have been involved in 6 crashes. Two of these were my fault, and both caused by inattention, that is I was mentally somewhere else instead of behind the wheel and failed to react to a situation.
    Bottom line in my opinion is drive the way you do your test or when you think the boss is watching.
    I agree. Solutions are what we need.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    I agree. Solutions are what we need.
    Don't need solutions, just need to keep 2 hands on the wheel and concentrate on what you're doing.... Or maybe have a look at fitting a safety cut out switch for when you have taken a hand off the wheel

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Don't need solutions, just need to keep 2 hands on the wheel and concentrate on what you're doing.... Or maybe have a look at fitting a safety cut out switch for when you have taken a hand off the wheel
    and no 457 or sandle wearing vegan fukka's they out of control all the time
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Hodge (18th February 2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234