Thread: Extra securing an angle grinder

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    Why didn't you say so in the first place?
    I can do that with the existing one, and get rid of one of my above complaints.
    I'm onto it.
    About the braking system idea, I'm gonna leave that to another genius to work it out and sell it to
    the manufacturers.
    I'm going to be blunt.
    I didn't say it in the first place because I don't believe you should be anywhere near a grinder until you get to a night school or the like and get taught how to do stuff properly.
    I've been reading your threads on the other forum (and here obviously) Those trailer welds on that trailer you take on the road around other people, 3 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs being rubber, to use a grinder, Synthetic material on the skin whilst doing hot work is insanity. That's some recent examples.
    I'm trying to make this post as blunt and straightforward as possible whilst remaining constructive. You are a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. You need proper training, before you badly hurt yourself or an innocent bystander
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

dom14 (16th February 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    I'm going to be blunt.
    I didn't say it in the first place because I don't believe you should be anywhere near a grinder until you get to a night school or the like and get taught how to do stuff properly.
    I've been reading your threads on the other forum (and here obviously) Those trailer welds on that trailer you take on the road around other people, 3 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs being rubber, to use a grinder, Synthetic material on the skin whilst doing hot work is insanity. That's some recent examples.
    I'm trying to make this post as blunt and straightforward as possible whilst remaining constructive. You are a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. You need proper training, before you badly hurt yourself or an innocent bystander
    i'll drink to that
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (16th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be blunt.
    I think the lack of meat in ones diet is a major contributing factor

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A 5" grinder will do most jobs with ease.
    A 9" is a weapon in the wrong hands and can do terrible damage
    I use my 4" for a flap disc just to save a few pennies
    and my 5" mainly with a 1mm cut off wheel hardly use any of them to
    grind these days. my go to is my 5" Makita for flap disc or cut off wheel
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    i'll drink to that
    Me too.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    A 5" grinder will do most jobs with ease.
    A 9" is a weapon in the wrong hands and can do terrible damage
    I use my 4" for a flap disc just to save a few pennies
    and my 5" mainly with a 1mm cut off wheel hardly use any of them to
    grind these days. my go to is my 5" Makita for flap disc or cut off wheel
    I don't have a 5" one yet, but working on getting a one.
    I 'realized', a cordless one may be better and even safer, even though they are hell lot dearer?
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be blunt.
    Thanx for the blunt comment mate.
    There are no 'innocent' bystanders around me. I'm the only guy around me when I use power tools, honestly.

As for the trailer comment, thanx for doing the home work and pointing out the above tips.
    I'll retire synthetic material with power tool work after your warning above.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a 5" one yet, but working on getting a one.
    I 'realized', a cordless one may be better and even safer, even though they are hell lot dearer?
    Cordless ones are handy for little jobs but not suited to any decent grinding where it will going for a bit. They probably both have just as much potential to cause damage / injury i would reckon. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for the blunt comment mate.
    There are no 'innocent' bystanders around me. I'm the only guy around me when I use power tools, honestly.

As for the trailer comment, thanx for doing the home work and pointing out the above tips.
    I'll retire synthetic material with power tool work after your warning above.
    If you tow that piece of shit trailer on the road (don't forget you have a thread on THIS forum wanting it to carry more weight) there are innocent bystanders everywhere.
    Don't forget you started a thread wanting to know about bog so you could cover up your horrendous welds, those pics are on the other forum aswell as this direct quote.
    I just need something to direct highway cops eyes into short skirt chicks on the road than my beat up trailer
    Then there is the other side of an accident. These poor people who may not be accustomed to blood and guts may be in the wrong place at the wrong time to help you after you have seriously fucked yourself up or killed yourself, They will have to live with those images for a very long time. They're innocent.
    You've also said in this very thread that you are a 'dreamer', yet you want to get behind the wheel of a heavy rigid. (Another thread on this forum)

What I am doing here is called 'Duty of Care'. Duty of care prevents more accidents and deaths than any of stupid control measures in this over the top Marxist safety culture we live in now where skilled people have to be treated like the dumbest knuckledraggers around because of people with delusions of fabrication grandeur.
    I'm being harsh. That I do NOT and will NOT apologize for. Anyone reading this and scoffing at the way I have handled this thread from there moral high ground doing nothing are just as useless and very much apart of the problem. At least I have exercised my duty of care.
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 16th February 2018 at 05:39 PM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th February 2018), firm351 (17th February 2018), gaddy (16th February 2018), Rossco (17th February 2018), Winnie (16th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you tow that piece of shit trailer on the road (don't forget you have a thread on THIS forum wanting it to carry more weight) there are innocent bystanders everywhere.
    Don't forget you started a thread wanting to know about bog so you could cover up your horrendous welds, those pics are on the other forum aswell as this direct quote.
    Then there is the other side of an accident. These poor people who may not be accustomed to blood and guts may be in the wrong place at the wrong time to help you after you have seriously fucked yourself up or killed yourself, They will have to live with those images for a very long time. They're innocent.
    You've also said in this very thread that you are a 'dreamer', yet you want to get behind the wheel of a heavy rigid. (Another thread on this forum)

What I am doing here is called 'Duty of Care'. Duty of care prevents more accidents and deaths than any of stupid control measures in this over the top Marxist safety culture we live in now where skilled people have to be treated like the dumbest knuckledraggers around because of people with delusions of fabrication grandeur.
    I'm being harsh. That I do NOT and will NOT apologize for. Anyone reading this and scoffing at the way I have handled this thread from there moral high ground doing nothing are just as useless and very much apart of the problem. At least I have exercised my duty of care.
    Yes, you're being harsh and in a pretty pointless way, 'cos I am non of those things you were painting me as above.
    Your comments do have a point, except they are pointing at the wrong fella and in the wrong thread.
    Dunno how much I've been contributing myself, but I'll have to watch that by trying to be bit more serious, but
    then I fear I may piss off somebody else instead of you.
    No problemo if you don't apologize for the harsh way you've treated this thread and my request for advice, but I have no problem with apologizing if I have in anyway ridiculed your skills or anybody's 'cos had I've done that, that was totally unintentional.

Some of you guys who may be suffering from "lack of actions and entertainment", please try to be bit more creative and open up your own threads to amuse yourself. There is plenty of room in the "general chat" section and existing threads for that kinda action.

As for @Ben-e-boy, regardless of your harshness, most of your comments have been useful to me. For that, I give you. Please don't be concerned. I am not the person you see in few pictures, posts and comments.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast