Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Hi Pee Bee,

no the fitting at the rear on the manifold next to the super charger, for boost pressure measurement.
    Your manifold must be different to mine as I dont have a fitting for boost pressure take off. I had to tap a hole in the manifold myself, and simply use one of the inlet manifold 'legs' with a 1/8" BSPP tapped hole for my pressure sender. I have just checked this now and nothing there, and would have used it if it was. Sorry. Maybe ring/contact Bullet as they supplied the manifold? If you go from the back, into the chamber, be careful regards the i/c core in there.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 4th June 2021 at 12:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rang Bullet for you. The thread size is 1/8BSP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

poindexter (4th June 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, is this how a TD42 engine mount sits, meaning relative top and bottom plates? Looks like the keeper is out of alignment with the centre of the mount?TD42 engine mount.JPG

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah looks off centre to me mate.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I don't even know how they can fit like that? Anyway have asked the question and will see what the feedback returns.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tracked down the 'node' for the noisy interference on the HF radio. Its a bus bar with about 6 cables hanging off it. When i isolate the bus the noise plane drops to 1/5 instead of 5/5. Now just have to isolate the individual circuit. All the other electronic devices now fitted with snap breakers and despite them looking looking like the culprit, its something else - another goose to chase down, but getting closer, one step at a time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Rossco (7th August 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some time ago, like 600klm ago I suffered a mounting plate failure due to 2 bolts failing in tension on the 8 rib belt drive. I was assured by both Brunswick Diesel and Bullet performance this was unheard of. Well, it happened again, this time with 3 bolts failing in tension, loss of belt and boiled the motor - one dead head gasket, 30klm on north side of licola on way to a snow weekend. Flat deck towed home to Knox. Not happy. Once again, similar story from both these businesses, so I decided to first fix the bracket, which had a 2mm deflection in it, so new one purchased - no warranty as deemed my fault. Went thru 3 belts x $100 each just limping it back to the campsite, again, my cost.

So, 5 hours to get the 3 broken bolts out of the casting on the motor, 3 hours to re-tap the holes from M8 to M10, fitted ARP Chrome Moly bolts this time, drilled out the new mounting plate to suit. Increased the static idler spindle bolt from M10 to M12, drilled and tapped the plate accordingly. New spacers supplied as a set - again, my cost. Assembled everything, start car, and belt proceeded to run off, alignment issue - like, nothing has changed from what I can tell. Anyway, after a full day jinking around, threw the towel in and booked the vehicle into my local mechanic for repairs, head gaskets x 2, alignment of belt. Had to buy a gates rib belt laser alignment tool for this, so hope this is where the issue ends. @mudski swiftly supplied another 2 Fleetguard belts for me, thank you Mark. Purchased a set of ARP head studs as well to beef up the assy, bloody expensive!

So should have it back by weeks end with luck. Bee stings getting me down a bit with this saga. Neighbour across the road almost had a sale of his 200 series when i got back home from the weekend.Tow.JPGIMG_6673 (1).JPGIMG_6704.JPG
    Last edited by PeeBee; 9th August 2021 at 01:02 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (10th August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crickies Phil sounds like a bloody nightmare . . . Can't offer any advice but fingers crossed she stays reliable . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (9th August 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Crickies Phil sounds like a bloody nightmare . . . Can't offer any advice but fingers crossed she stays reliable . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    Thanks Rossco, few other changes like new bearing sleeve for the bigger bolt, another $100, cut down the sleeve bolster head and changed the socket head cap screw to a button head and increased the strength from 8.8 to 10.9. This increases the clearance on the plastic Duramax fan blades, so up from 6mm to 20mm. Getting annoyed at the constant changes to optimise the installation. These kits are generic at best it seems - at least according to Bullet Performance its up to me to make the thing fit and work - total BS. The additional bracket in the third pic converts what was a cantilever static bearing to a rigid simply supported unit. The slot showing in the photo is now a fitted hole s the bracket and roller cannot climb upwards and track off, and still allows the belt to be fitted.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 9th August 2021 at 01:12 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Brunswick finally got back to me about the mount. yes, its splayed a bit 'but not as bad as they have seen in the past' - like how is that level of engineering comment to put a client at ease? - 'just loosen the 4 mount bolts and the centre bolt? and jack the motor up to let the mount move back into alignment' - I think this is another job for the mechanics since they have the car on the hoist - bloody astounding. ' "oh, and we are here to support you Phil, just ring if you need help'!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th August 2021), mudski (9th August 2021)

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast