Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upsized Reverse Lights

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Brissieboy is right - at least in Victoria anyway - any additional reverse lights CANNOT be activated by selecting reverse - nor can the switch to turn them on be accessible from the drivers seat . So be clever / discreet when wiring them up . I got pulled up by the hwy patrol for a random breath test / licence check a little while ago - 1st thing he said as I rolled the window down was “ I’ll have you for those additional reverse lights “ , then I politely told him “ they are not activated by selecting reverse nor is the switch to turn them on accessible from the drivers seat “ , his shoulders dropped slightly then gruffly said “ oh so you know the rules about them then ? “ ....... I then got out & showed him the switch inside the rear barn door that turned them on & he was satisfied- I didn’t show him the 3 way switch up under the dash that can turn them on , have them activated by reverse or off so they’re not activated by reverse. Be clever peoples 😉

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    @Brissieboy is right - at least in Victoria anyway - any additional reverse lights CANNOT be activated by selecting reverse - nor can the switch to turn them on be accessible from the drivers seat . So be clever / discreet when wiring them up . I got pulled up by the hwy patrol for a random breath test / licence check a little while ago - 1st thing he said as I rolled the window down was “ I’ll have you for those additional reverse lights “ , then I politely told him “ they are not activated by selecting reverse nor is the switch to turn them on accessible from the drivers seat “ , his shoulders dropped slightly then gruffly said “ oh so you know the rules about them then ? “ ....... I then got out & showed him the switch inside the rear barn door that turned them on & he was satisfied- I didn’t show him the 3 way switch up under the dash that can turn them on , have them activated by reverse or off so they’re not activated by reverse. Be clever peoples 😉
    Bugger, that's another job to do!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More wiring Philo - just what your vehicle needs 😏

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (23rd August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More wiring Philo - just what your vehicle needs 😏
    Better that tan a fine from Constable PLOD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes indeed

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got the reverse lights on and finished wiring them up - had to muck around a bit as the cable entry into the back was in the rear RH corner but then I had to run it across to the LH side light cluster to connect it in parallel to the reverse light. Pretty happy with how they turned out and I will no longer need to attach a torch to the rear of the car when reversing up to a trailer in the dark!!.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.47.10 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.37.09 pm.png

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Gags For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (25th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Bugger, that's another job to do!
    OK, all done, took 30 mins so have a parallel switch set up. Have renamed the console switch also from lights to fan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (25th August 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at you go Philby 👍🏻 Great stuff mate .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (25th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at you go Philby ���� Great stuff mate .
    My options are 1) hide in the garage under the presumption I am cleaning it up and not working on the truck, 2) dig a new vege garden, in fact it needs to be a garden with a bed height of approx 1m but totally invisible so my wife can pick the vege's but not see the garden because it should have other plants in it, and she does not want to bend down to pick the vege's, hence why it needs to be at 1m off the ground, 3) replace 28m of concealed guttering on the second story that is 6m off the ground and the tiles have a full covering of solar heating on them so they are impossible to slide back to get to the gutter, plus the dick of a builder screwed up the levels and the fall needs to be corrected, 4) paint and replace some of the fibro eve's under the previously mentioned gutter as it has leaked and lifted the paint, 5) optimise the operation of some sliding door tracks so they will pass a building inspection for the local council re pool fencing, 6) troubleshoot and rep[air a pool heater that is brand spanking new, used 3 times in 3 yrs and is now not firing up, 7) replace some large terracotta tiles that have cracked, so they need to be lifted, chip away the grout bedding and then relay and grout to perfection from a cosmetic and colour perspective as the grout is tinted and 15yrs old, or do random shit that gets suggested on the forum and spend hours at the computer reporting my triumphs and failings to the few who actually read my dribble - this is my life in isolation - thanks for helping me in my time of need oh Sprocky-Doodle.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Winnie (26th August 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12